Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long could miss all of pre-season, putting him back even more and risking injury further on in the year if he pushed to catch up. Forde also has injuries. We really really need that RB cover...
Sounds like more than just a “knock“ that Long took then?

What’s wrong with Forde?

We was never close to getting Cadden all summer. Like I said last week, I still believe it’s a premier league LB we will be getting in on loan.
Findley will sign.
Whyte will need to drop his wages by about 40% if he’s going to join permanently.
I wouldn’t be surprised if 3 deals are done this week.

I don’t think I can bring myself round to read this thread anymore.
See you all at Derby.
I'll be honest, I'm amazed you lasted this long! The information you bring to the forum is typically spot on and gives everyone a reason to be positive but it never seems to stop the rot... Appreciate the update.

Well that's certainly ruined my Monday.
Why? It's expected right? We simply aren't the irresistible combination of ambitious, efficient promotion machine that people seem to think we are.

We have been outgunned for every single target this summer on one aspect or another. I'd suggest a "blameless retro" would be useful at the end of the window.

Re Sinclair, interestingly he spends most of his time posing on Insta with his Lamborghini..... Not entirely surprising he lost his appetite if he's able to buy a lambo after his career....

Being completely serious, could it be that the new ground proposal has got more negative local vibes than expected and the costs of trying to secure the site are going to be much greater than anticipated. Also is it possible the current owners might consider their positions if the new ground doesn’t get the thumbs up? Therefore for these reasons the transfer pot we were, or are, led to believe is available, has been reduced?

Otherwise given the wealth we supposedly have on board I just don’t see why some players that should be within our grasp seem to be slipping through the net, and we are seriously in the mucky stuff transfer wise at this moment in time.

We were told possibly 2-3 on board before last weekend, now it’s this week, what is going on? I’m trying not to be negative but it’s very worrying right now!

Why? It's expected right? We simply aren't the irresistible combination of ambitious, efficient promotion machine that people seem to think we are.

We have been outgunned for every single target this summer on one aspect or another. I'd suggest a "blameless retro" would be useful at the end of the window.

Re Sinclair, interestingly he spends most of his time posing on Insta with his Lamborghini..... Not entirely surprising he lost his appetite if he's able to buy a lambo after his career....
Ha, ‘after his career’. You’d think he’d feel a bit of a fool giving it large after a dozen or so appearances over several years.

I’m a big advocate of blameless retros at work, rather than ploughing grimly on.

Ha, ‘after his career’. You’d think he’d feel a bit of a fool giving it large after a dozen or so appearances over several years.

I’m a big advocate of blameless retros at work, rather than ploughing grimly on.
But for them to work, you have to admit there's actually a problem of course.

We are firmly in denial phase.

According to Oxford Mail: Sinclair would have wanted to be more involved despite making some good runs! The striker was replaced at half time!
This was against Banbury Utd!
Sounds more like a £4 striker than a £4m one!
Don't even think Banbury would sign him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We was never close to getting Cadden all summer. Like I said last week, I still believe it’s a premier league LB we will be getting in on loan.
Findley will sign.
Whyte will need to drop his wages by about 40% if he’s going to join permanently.
I wouldn’t be surprised if 3 deals are done this week.

I don’t think I can bring myself round to read this thread anymore.
See you all at Derby.
Thank you for that UTO.
Just a shame that you don't post a little more often to make this thread bearable!

Maybe our new board are going to want to know WTF is going on is KR the man for the job? They want a shinny new stadium by 2026 will they want a mid table at best L1 side occasionally flirting with relegation. Has KR been found out?
Just can't see the board accepting this s**t if they are letting this happen then questions need to be asked

Whilst we normally wouldn't be able to compete with Barnsley on fees or wages the Cadden deal does seem a bit disappointing in the fact he has only signed a 2 year deal to join them. We have been interested in him for at least 1 year now, so whilst the wages we offered may have been a few pounds lower than Barnsley offered, dangling a 3 or 4 year deal in front of him could have changed things. If he was offered a 3 year deal and still turned us down for a 2 year deal elsewhere that is when questions about the club have to be asked. If we only offered him a 2 year deal then why did we do that? Maybe it was a complete red herring and we were never actually in the chase and never made an offer or the offer made was pretty pathetic. Maybe Barnsley's 2 year deal was so far out of the water it completely eclipsed a 3 year deal we could offer. Something isn't quite adding up with this. Cadden seems to have settled on something quite short term when I was expecting something giving him much longer security based on the glowing player reports at FGR he was getting.

Some thought we had under achieved last year and wanted KR gone, others like me thought one more year especially when we were told the Board wanted promotion this season

We showed our intentions in January signing Browne,also good to get Baldock and Bodin, however since then hasn’t been a great transfer window. We did hear from those in the know that the calibre of players we were after was really good but up to now nothing has materialised and it looks like we have missed out on certain players

The window is not closed ,yet but again we were told that by the Coventry game the majority of the squad would be assembled

Now to be competitive this year I would suggest that four big signings need to come in this week and by that I don’t mean Jones/ Whyte/Sinclair

Findlay would be one but he alone is not good enough

I will not give up yet and see what happens but things are not looking rosy at the moment
If we can't afford to sign high quality players what's the point in looking at them in the first place

Whilst we normally wouldn't be able to compete with Barnsley on fees or wages the Cadden deal does seem a bit disappointing in the fact he has only signed a 2 year deal to join them. We have been interested in him for at least 1 year now, so whilst the wages we offered may have been a few pounds lower than Barnsley offered, dangling a 3 or 4 year deal in front of him could have changed things. If he was offered a 3 year deal and still turned us down for a 2 year deal elsewhere that is when questions about the club have to be asked. If we only offered him a 2 year deal then why did we do that? Maybe it was a complete red herring and we were never actually in the chase and never made an offer or the offer made was pretty pathetic. Maybe Barnsley's 2 year deal was so far out of the water it completely eclipsed a 3 year deal we could offer. Something isn't quite adding up with this. Cadden seems to have settled on something quite short term when I was expecting something giving him much longer security based on the glowing player reports at FGR he was getting.
Far be it for me to offer an alternative view but would you want 2 years at £8.000 per week with option you may step up to prem league, or 4 years at £4.000 per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom