Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield Wednesday have signed some very good players, and as have Ipswich.

Bolton signed Iredale who I think is the best left back in Lge 1.

Barnsley signed Cundy who we should of been looking at because our defence badly needs reinforcements and strengthening.

Portsmouth signed Marlon Pack, a great signing for them, and could of been a Herbie Replacement.

Cundy and Pack and Iredale, are players well within our grasp, but we’ve let them slip by. We are on par with Barnsley and Portsmouth, and Bolton in the market among a few others. Forget Sheff Wed, and Ipswich they are on another level in the market.

That’s when it gets frustrating seeing other clubs being proactive, and getting business done quickly.
Are we on par with Pompey and Barnsley though? Pompey and Bolton are bigger clubs than us, with a bigger fan base. Barnsley are fresh from the Championship and in terms of attendances, get more through the door than us. I'm actually one of those who would like a bit more action in the transfer market but actually seeing this post from you has made me think how many bigger teams there are competing for players.

It seems that every player who signs for another club in our league is a player we should have been in for looking at some of these posts
Take Norwood as an example we may have looked at him and even made an enquiry but after the initial conversation we would know whether it’s worth pursuing
If it then comes down to him choosing between us and another club fair enough if we miss out but Pack Cundy etc may not even be on our list

It seems that every player who signs for another club in our league is a player we should have been in for looking at some of these posts
Take Norwood as an example we may have looked at him and even made an enquiry but after the initial conversation we would know whether it’s worth pursuing
If it then comes down to him choosing between us and another club fair enough if we miss out but Pack Cundy etc may not even be on our list
Thing is as well that Norwood will be a first choice for Rovers but for us likely behind Taylor and Baldock in the pecking order which no doubt would be a reason for him to choose them.

Are we on par with Pompey and Barnsley though? Pompey and Bolton are bigger clubs than us, with a bigger fan base. Barnsley are fresh from the Championship and in terms of attendances, get more through the door than us. I'm actually one of those who would like a bit more action in the transfer market but actually seeing this post from you has made me think how many bigger teams there are competing for players.

It looks like Pompey will have a smaller budget than us. Some of the comments I've seen suggest they can't get back the likes of Hirst on loan.

just because a fan or fans like a player does not mean the staff do, it seems anytime another club signs one we should have got them.

Nobody outside the club knows who we have identified and whether players have or haven't been approached or spoken with

there can be a massive gap between fans opinion of a player, Rob Atkinson is a prime example.

Maybe sometimes fans need to stop thinking of a players future value before they walk in the building especially when wondering about signings before the end of June.

I gave my take on my understanding of things a week or so back and stand by it. As i said at the time other clubs had / are showing interest

Nicky Cadden is leaving FGR. They’ve just signed LWB Harry Boyes from Sheff Utd and he’s taken his number 11 shirt.

So Norwood is being chased by a few League One clubs. Or has his agent dropped a few club names into the ear of a journalist just so it makes him look like he might be snapped up by another club.

Ben Woodburn training with Preston, so that's a player we can remove from the possible incomings.

We are on par with them in terms of the budget being increased. So we can compete in the market with them. The board have said they want promotion, and the budget given to the manager is to spend it so he can build a team worthy of that objective. At this moment in time we are well short, and not really spending it.

I hope in a weeks time things will have changed drastically, we will see….

Sheffield Wednesday have signed some very good players, and as have Ipswich.

Bolton signed Iredale who I think is the best left back in Lge 1.

Barnsley signed Cundy who we should of been looking at because our defence badly needs reinforcements and strengthening.

Portsmouth signed Marlon Pack, a great signing for them, and could of been a Herbie Replacement.

Cundy and Pack and Iredale, are players well within our grasp, but we’ve let them slip by. We are on par with Barnsley and Portsmouth, and Bolton in the market among a few others. Forget Sheff Wed, and Ipswich they are on another level in the market.

That’s when it gets frustrating seeing other clubs being proactive, and getting business done quickly.
Perish the thought that they slipped by because they were of interest to us. I would have been amazed of all of them were on our radar

It is possible that a player can be transferred and we would not have tried to sign them

Let's have this doom and gloom discussion in 3 weeks, I am confident that we will be pleased with the outcome. History suggests we will be fine

Not that rat boy Curtis from Pompey!
Please🙏

As much as I think he’s a right little C**t I wouldn’t be against him coming here. He one of them players you hate, but wouldn’t mind his shithousery in your team. Then Browne can rotate with Baldock up top, or play just behind Taylor. He (Curtis) is far better than Holland on the wing. So that would be an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom