Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine, the next signing we miss out on . . . .

KR: "The lad had glowing reports from all the scouts who'd seen him. His stats speak for themselves. He was available on a free and the medical was passed with flying colours. But Yellowsforum reaction to the rumour was a bit "meh", so we decided not to pursue it and further and he ended up signing for QPR"

Just imagine, the next signing we miss out on . . . .

KR: "The lad had glowing reports from all the scouts who'd seen him. His stats speak for themselves. He was available on a free and the medical was passed with flying colours. But Yellowsforum reaction to the rumour was a bit "meh", so we decided not to pursue it and further and he ended up signing for QPR"
Yes, their verdict was 'Not for me' and 'Could do better', so we passed on him and went for a guy who had a good game on TV once in 2006.

Yes, their verdict was 'Not for me' and 'Could do better', so we passed on him and went for a guy who had a good game on TV once in 2006.
Well he wasn't very good on Football Manager '18, when I managed Oxford to the Premier League Trophy / Champions League double 5 years running.

If KR is going to learn any lessons from last season & the season before that & then the season before that one as well 😏 then we can’t rely on only 1 player (in this case Gorrin) who’s pacific to that role to carry the burden on his own, it was a big factor why we didn’t make the playoffs last season (along with key injuries to Baldock & Moore) Kane’s form dropped off a cliff when he got sent off at Lincoln away then bottled every challenge in DCM from that moment on & Smyth wasn’t even given a chance

We need better than Gorrin anyway who’s a a very good squad player, we’ve needed a quality Defensive Midfielder since January & now need to get that this summer to kick on to the next level (along with vast improvements on our leaky defence)

I admire your optimism I really do! I fear we are in for another season of falling short, I’d say we’ve got a squad at this moment in time that is set for 12-15th

Two or three sprinklings of top players, then we could be looking at an 8th-10th.

We were supposed to be targeting championship standard, and top six players from Lge 1. I’ve not seen them yet, and I don’t think we will either.
So far weve been let down by the underwhelming lack of inspirational signings through the door, after being promised a squad for a promotional challenge.
Where is the Peterborough striker we allegedly put a bid in for previously who was desperate to come to the club?
Its like 2 sides of a coin. Firstly we are told we have a healthy budget then the flip side is very different. The first statement going out as season tickets went on sale. After a disappointing end to last season things are looking distinctly mid table. I wish robinson would cut the spin and be honest about whats to come.

So far weve been let down by the underwhelming lack of inspirational signings through the door, after being promised a squad for a promotional challenge.
Where is the Peterborough striker we allegedly put a bid in for previously who was desperate to come to the club?
Its like 2 sides of a coin. Firstly we are told we have a healthy budget then the flip side is very different. The first statement going out as season tickets went on sale. After a disappointing end to last season things are looking distinctly mid table. I wish robinson would cut the spin and be honest about whats to come.
I don't remember any Peterborough striker being desperate to come to the club. Maybe I've just forgotten, but maybe you could remind me who this was and where was it reported?

Probably referring to Szmodics who stayed and got back in the team under the new manager so is very unlikely to be available again.

I don't remember any Peterborough striker being desperate to come to the club. Maybe I've just forgotten, but maybe you could remind me who this was and where was it reported?
Think he's referring to Sammy Smodics or however you spell it.

Think he's referring to Sammy Smodics or however you spell it.
Ah yes. Was he reported as being "desperate" to come here, or was it more to the point that he wasn't at that point getting much of a look in and made his agent aware he'd be open to offers?

Anyway, it all changed very quickly with a change of manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom