Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’d rather have Brown as LCB than Thorniley. Thorniley had qualities but I felt we lacked physicality with him in the squad.

If McNally is to go, it would be a shame but I’d rather lose him now than in January when he had settled into a back line. Silver linings!

Not throwing my hat into the ring one way or the other, as I can’t be bothered getting involved, but as a general question, do people seriously not get bored of repeating the ‘why are we selling our players’ argument ad infinitum every window? This must be about the tenth window in a row the same points have been made and the same hostilities renewed. Could we perhaps start a ‘The Model’ thread where those who want can thrash it out, and we can keep this one for genuine news / speculation?

Sometimes on here you get some idiots you get some intelligent people you get some people who are in the know
It's like a happy home without the meds

Just now our clubs financial dealings are being questioned I've said on here many a time and been shot down. We have generated millions in transfer fees Where's it all going? Roofe, lundstrum, Johnson, fosu, Baptiste, odowda, whyte, ledson and the list goes on
Sadly, we still make an annual operating loss. For reasons we all understand - the burden of the stadium arrangement, the salaries we pay (which while not top of Div salaries are, for some of our top earners, very competitive and therefore expensive) and the fact that, even with increased average crowds for last season, we still have a relatively small home support. So income from player sales is key to funding our year on year operations. The owners put funds in for player purchase to give us some punch. But sadly it’s not as simple as millions in……millions out.

Brown improved a lot in half a season last year. By the end he was one of our stand out performers during an admittedly disappointing run in. Don’t think we could have asked for much more from him. At 24 with some more regular football if we see the same level of improvement that we saw last season he could become a really good defender for us.

Guess the league one club mentioned in connection with Burns could well be us.

We were linked in January. I know of another league one club after him also but don’t know who made the bid.

Can almost mistake him for Whyte when watching him!

A player who was MOTM for us on more than one occasion won’t be first choice if we’re serious about going up?

I’d happily have him as first choice LCB in a three. Not sure about him being first choice left back but in a decent League One side he could do a job there for sure.
Yeah that’s correct. I don’t think he will be first choice.

I don’t think his ability on the ball is good enough and he’s too slow to play in a 2 with Moore. I have said numerous times that I think we will play 4 at the back. If that’s the case, Brown won’t be first choice.

I can agree playing a 3 he will be in there.

I can't see Brown being a high earner either, especially signing for Cardiff directly from non-league football. Solid backup/rotation option for a low wage, surely...

Just now our clubs financial dealings are being questioned I've said on here many a time and been shot down. We have generated millions in transfer fees Where's it all going? Roofe, lundstrum, Johnson, fosu, Baptiste, odowda, whyte, ledson and the list goes on
We have to sell players to be sustainable as a football club due to the kassam stadium I'm happy with this as we have a football club to watch. If we didn't do this we wouldn't have a club

We have to sell players to be sustainable as a football club due to the kassam stadium I'm happy with this as we have a football club to watch. If we didn't do this we wouldn't have a club
It’s the same every summer! Fans want us to buy the best players, not sell any of ours, get all signings done by the start of pre season, expect us to challenge for promotion each year and then question when the club makes a loss!

Overall when it comes to recruitment I actually think we are one of the best in the league. Yes we were short in defence last season but that was not helped by injuries and Blackpool getting petty and recalling Thornley.

The club don’t get everything right (cough cough marketing) but I’d say we were pretty well ran on the whole on and off the pitch.

555d55b676f14676d3b9c68a4bd7a2fa.jpg

Uhhhh, what’s Josh Dasilva doing with us? He would absolutely destroy League One! [emoji28][emoji102]

I think I’d rather have Brown as LCB than Thorniley. Thorniley had qualities but I felt we lacked physicality with him in the squad.

If McNally is to go, it would be a shame but I’d rather lose him now than in January when he had settled into a back line. Silver linings!

Not throwing my hat into the ring one way or the other, as I can’t be bothered getting involved, but as a general question, do people seriously not get bored of repeating the ‘why are we selling our players’ argument ad infinitum every window? This must be about the tenth window in a row the same points have been made and the same hostilities renewed. Could we perhaps start a ‘The Model’ thread where those who want can thrash it out, and we can keep this one for genuine news / speculation?
100% Thorniley isn’t a upgrade imo. He done ok & was better with on the ball than Brown is but when we came up against physical outfits Wycombe Cheltenham he got found out big time (let’s not forget many on here wanted him dropped in early January for McNally before he went back to Blackpool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom