Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sol Bamba or Gary Cahill anyone? big physical elements either of them are probably what we need very experienced players who can organise a defence & still got games in there legs (upgrade on Mousinho who should retire)

Also James Hill who signed for Bournemouth last January needs games after his move from Fleetwood bit like McNally very highly rated

Last edited:
Brown wasn’t in the plans a few of weeks ago. We weren’t interested in signing him permanently.
It’s a sensible signing though as cover for left sided centre back whose comfortable in a central 2 and 3.
Interesting. Wonder what has changed. It sounds like our original plans are going a bit awry. Would you agree?

Despite what those who enjoy making everything polarised may prefer, the reaction to the signing of Brown shows once again how pragmatic most are - as the feedback is almost universally positive.

The obvious caveat (we're allowed these) is that he isn't our 'main Christmas present' but a nice filler for under the tree.
Your other half may enjoy the bottle of artisan gin or the favourite fragrance in the early morning unwrappings, but you better have the jewellery and weekend away to come.

Despite what those who enjoy making everything polarised may prefer, the reaction to the signing of Brown shows once again how pragmatic most are - as the feedback is almost universally positive.

The obvious caveat (we're allowed these) is that he isn't our 'main Christmas present' but a nice filler for under the tree.
Your other half may enjoy the bottle of artisan gin or the favourite fragrance in the early morning unwrappings, but you better have the jewellery and weekend away to come.
We discussed analogies, didn’t we?

All of the profit of McNally's sale should be reinvested immediately in defensive signings. Mousinho isn't an option anymore, Long isn't really an option at centre back IMO, not full time yet anyway, Golding isn't ready yet. Wouldn't mind seeing Brown and another first team ready centre back sign. Actually, I'd say it's imperative.
Personally I think Long is a very good option as a CB in a back three. Would rather see him play right back in a four though.

No need to stress. Every day is Christmas Day when I’m your man.

Whereas other posters will spend 6 months telling their wife that they're shopping in the best jewellery stores and are on first name terms with the travel agent, but will ultimately shrug their shoulders on Christmas morning - as their wife's gift of garden furniture is revealed - and say "sometimes it doesn't work out"! 🤷‍♂️

Hell, there's even a few posters who would seemingly re-wrap their wife's birthday present from 6 months prior and call that a 'new' Christmas present! 🤣

Personally I think Long is a very good option as a CB in a back three. Would rather see him play right back in a four though.
Interesting. Personally I’d rather see him play as a RCB in a three than as a right back, but that’s just based on last season. Either way the likes of him and Brown are useful players to have at the back.

Just now our clubs financial dealings are being questioned I've said on here many a time and been shot down. We have generated millions in transfer fees Where's it all going? Roofe, lundstrum, Johnson, fosu, Baptiste, odowda, whyte, ledson and the list goes on
We make a loss into the millions each year..

Interesting. Personally I’d rather see him play as a RCB in a three than as a right back, but that’s just based on last season. Either way the likes of him and Brown are useful players to have at the back.
To clarify- I realise it wasn’t clear.

I think his best position moving forwards is RCB in a three. But if we are playing a back four then I see him more as a full back. Although, I think if he is to reach his full potential as a RCB he probably needs to focus on being a CB. I feel he struggled for form a little towards the end of last season when switching between full back and RCB. I thought he had some extremely accomplished performances in RCB when settling in the position.

We pay wages we cannot afford to attract decent players leaving an annual deficit of about £3m. We have to fund the deficit through sales each year. Luckily, we have had saleable assets that other clubs have wanted. Some fans still seem to struggle with this model/concept. It is the same model that clubs like Porto and Benfica adopt. They lose their best players every transfer window and re-invest.

Brown improved a lot in half a season last year. By the end he was one of our stand out performers during an admittedly disappointing run in. Don’t think we could have asked for much more from him. At 24 with some more regular football if we see the same level of improvement that we saw last season he could become a really good defender for us.
I think it is very much underestimated in football conversations how difficult it is to come in from the cold and play in defence, even more so as a CB.

You don’t get the time to get into a ‘rhythm’ like a winger or strikers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom