Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s to say we’re not looking at 2/3 other defenders, as well as Brown?

We sign a decent defender, and you’re digging up old posts to find a negative in this.

You are so boring.

I wasn’t being negative about it.

I’m happy with the Brown signing as a better quality left footed centre back will also be coming in to partner Elliott Moore. He’s a good cover defender for this level.

😁

There's a difference between people saying we won't have a *strong* team for the first game of the season, compared to not being able to name a side, which equals not fulfilling the fixture and forfeiting the match.

Yeah you’re right; there is a big difference..

The big difference being, the latter was said, and the former was not. That’s the difference.

We’ve signed Cairon Brown. A defender! It’s doesn’t exactly set the pulses racing. We need Better at the back, and I hope that isn’t the McNally replacement. If it is, then wow there must be some players with serious ilk coming in. Or some would have you believe.

Brown is a body through the door however, another 8/9 needed and two more defenders that can help lock the back door please. Then I may stop being so grumpy, and start to see some glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

We need real quality KR not players that failed us last season, and wet there beds at Morecambe,Plymouth, and at home to Sunderland.

We’ve signed Cairon Brown. A defender! It’s doesn’t exactly set the pulses racing. We need Better at the back, and I hope that isn’t the McNally replacement. If it is, then wow there must be some players with serious ilk coming in. Or some would have you believe.

Brown is a body through the door however, another 8/9 needed and two more defenders that can help lock the back door please. Then I may stop being so grumpy, and start to see some glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

We need real quality KR not players that failed us last season, and wet there beds at Morecambe,Plymouth, and at home to Sunderland.
That’s eleven initially we were told 5/6 but went to 8/9 because of departures……do we have room?

Brown is a nice signing. Adds balance and has several strengths.

Won’t be first choice if we’re serious about going up but does start to add some depth.
A player who was MOTM for us on more than one occasion won’t be first choice if we’re serious about going up?

I’d happily have him as first choice LCB in a three. Not sure about him being first choice left back but in a decent League One side he could do a job there for sure.

Happy enough with this signing. Solid, already knows the squad and can genuinely cover a couple of positions as opposed to shoe horning a winger into full back. When playing left back his physicality helped us a few times in games when we were struggling to get out from defence as an option for a long ball to the touchline which was a bonus.

That said I'd still be hoping to sign an improvement, certainly replacing McNally with Brown is a step backwards. This isn't a dig at Brown as McNally is clearly a higher standard than League, from what o saw last season once he'd settled in he was similar to Williams, a decent/good player at this level and a great squad member but I'm not sure how regulalry they'd be starting for the top tems at this level.

This might come across as negative but I'm happy to have him and he improved noticeably once he was settled in so hopefully he's got another level in him.

Yeah you’re right; there is a big difference..

The big difference being, the latter was said, and the former was not. That’s the difference.
This is the only post I can find questioning it:
Literally two words by one poster on a thread that spans almost 250 pages. It's hardly "several times" by "several people". You can't use one lone voice on this forum to use as a stick to beat people you perceive to be even slightly negative.

Happy enough with this signing. Solid, already knows the squad and can genuinely cover a couple of positions as opposed to shoe horning a winger into full back. When playing left back his physicality helped us a few times in games when we were struggling to get out from defence as an option for a long ball to the touchline which was a bonus.

That said I'd still be hoping to sign an improvement, certainly replacing McNally with Brown is a step backwards. This isn't a dig at Brown as McNally is clearly a higher standard than League, from what o saw last season once he'd settled in he was similar to Williams, a decent/good player at this level and a great squad member but I'm not sure how regulalry they'd be starting for the top tems at this level.

This might come across as negative but I'm happy to have him and he improved noticeably once he was settled in so hopefully he's got another level in him.
I think he might improve with some regular game time. I liked his no nonsense tough tackling l.

Brown will be LCB cover. Seddon will be LB cover.

A new left footed centre back & a left back will be coming in 100%.

Brown isn’t a move I would’ve rooted for but weirdly now he’s in the door, it all seems to fit quite nicely and I’m pleased with it deep down!

The big question for me is whether there’s really anything more to come from him or whether this is as good as he’ll ever be - pretty average. That said he didn’t do a lot wrong and was a pretty consistent 7/10 for us when he came in and you need those. I do the think the left of a 3 is where he looks most at home.

Free, good age, settled already and solves a problem for us straight away. All in all a decent bit of of business for the club.

Brown isn’t a move I would’ve rooted for but weirdly now he’s in the door, it all seems to fit quite nicely and I’m pleased with it deep down!

The big question for me is whether there’s really anything more to come from him or whether this is as good as he’ll ever be - pretty average. That said he didn’t do a lot wrong and was a pretty consistent 7/10 for us when he came in and you need those. I do the think the left of a 3 is where he looks most at home.

Free, good age, settled already and solves a problem for us straight away. All in all a decent bit of of business for the club.
I think he will get better and I’m not sure whether he would LB cover

Given the higher than expected number of departures (if McNally leaves) for continuity signing Browne is good business.

I am somewhat concerned this may now close the door on an eventual left back/left wing back signing. I really hope I’m wrong…

Brown wasn’t in the plans a few of weeks ago. We weren’t interested in signing him permanently.
It’s a sensible signing though as cover for left sided centre back whose comfortable in a central 2 and 3.
Appreciate the info. But the words ‘rag to flame’ come to mind!

Just now our clubs financial dealings are being questioned I've said on here many a time and been shot down. We have generated millions in transfer fees Where's it all going? Roofe, lundstrum, Johnson, fosu, Baptiste, odowda, whyte, ledson and the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom