Not open for further replies.
Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Gorrin
Brannagan McGuane
Browne Henry Bodin
Taylor

Subs: Eastwood, Mous, Baldock, Forde, Smyth, Goodrham, Golding

So yes we could and it’s a pretty good starting 11!
Heck I like that team. Sadly I think it’s too many players, but it shows the strength we have before any signings.

Stevens
Gorrin
Brannagan McGuane
Browne Henry Bodin
Taylor

Subs: Eastwood, Mous, Baldock, Forde, Smyth, Goodrham, Golding

With 12 players your right lol , I was only joking but you proved your point

I won’t say who I know but it’s someone who’s very close in all his dealings, he’s just signed a new contract till 2026 5/6 weeks ago at Tottenham but knows he needs to get 1st team mens football this season (they’ve so far ruled out a move to the championship bit to soon for him at this stage) but MK Dons & 2 other clubs plus ourselves have enquired in his services to see if we can take him on a season long loan[emoji1696]

Interesting. Thanks for the info. It’s very encouraging to know that this is the standard of players that the club are pursuing! Could very well be one of the lads that KR mentioned in his interview, earlier this week.

I won’t say who I know but it’s someone who’s very close in all his dealings, he’s just signed a new contract till 2026 5/6 weeks ago at Tottenham but knows he needs to get 1st team mens football this season (they’ve so far ruled out a move to the championship bit to soon for him at this stage) but MK Dons & 2 other clubs plus ourselves have enquired in his services to see if we can take him on a season long loan🤞

This is what I messaged someone a week ago based on some shared knowledge

"I have also been told that we're looking at a young PL striker who has been around their first team. There was a Championship club looking too, but we remained favourites. This would be a season long loan."

I didn't have names but it linked to comments about a 'wow' signing. No guarantees of course but it does fit with what you'd heard.

We have already signed Baldock, Gorrin and Bodin. They were all free agents who had no attachment to the club and could have moved anywhere. The only reason not to count them as signings is try and create a negative agenda that doesn't exist. We have signed 3 players so far and await further additions.
Whatever you want to call them, still 9 players have left the first team squad, therefore 9 need to be recruited. Permanent with a couple of loans. At the moment the loans are the only ones that are being talked of as being secure, which is not negative talk, they are the words from kr himself.

Stevens
Gorrin
Brannagan McGuane
Browne Taylor Bodin

Subs: Eastwood, Henry, Baldock, Forde, Smyth, Goodrham, Golding

Complete false economies including 3 youth as subs. They are simply not good enough, at the moment to play in a team that is pushing for the championship. It only gives weight to the argument that even though 9 players have left the first team squad, we only need to bring in 5 or 6. These youth players were playing conference south if that high last season, as they couldn't get National league loan places.

Bodin and Baldock‘s were on contracts until the end of last season. Therefore them signing new contracts to play for us this coming season, to me seems like they are new signings.
They were already under our roof, in the squad, so how can they count as new players?

They were already under our roof, in the squad, so how can they count as new players?
Didn’t think this would happen any time soon but I actually agree! And this is not really about being on the positive bus.

Keeping your better players is more about retention than it is recruiting/adding. By keeping them here we have maintained a level of strength we had in the squad rather than building on it. Numbers have also not increased so I can’t really see an argument for these being classed as new signings - it deserves applause regardless.

Whatever they are, it’s important they stayed and these 3 contracts were every bit as crucial as signing new players. Getting them done early was a job well done.

Stevens
Gorrin
Brannagan McGuane
Browne Taylor Bodin

Subs: Eastwood, Henry, Baldock, Forde, Smyth, Goodrham, Golding

I like the players but not the team.
Stevens - lost form towards the end of the season and was beaten at his near post on 4 or 5 occasions (problem).
Seddon - let’s face it. Great start to the season but by Christmas we had fallen out of love for him. His ineffective wondering up the left wing and losing of the ball, left us exposed which opposition exploited.
Long - love him and know he would die for OUFC but still has too many ‘off games’ (poor passing, missed tackles etc). could we get a better defensive RB?
McNally - still far from the finished article and needs to remove silly errors from his game. But think he’ll be off anyway.
Gorrin - not going to see him fit to start for couple of months yet. So need a defensive midfielder.
McGuane - the hype (Forest and Barcelona) has never been lived up to. An athlete but cannot think of a game or moment where he has really shone or dominated. Potential but I am not sure I see him as a core contributor.
Browne, Taylor, Bodin - lots of craft and hard work here but will need underpinning by a team that has defensive resilience.
If we want to do better we need to add quality and experience.
Asking basically the same team as last year to ‘do better’ isn’t the answer.
The Division is getting harder each year so to succeed we need to get stronger.

I won’t say who I know but it’s someone who’s very close in all his dealings, he’s just signed a new contract till 2026 5/6 weeks ago at Tottenham but knows he needs to get 1st team mens football this season (they’ve so far ruled out a move to the championship bit to soon for him at this stage) but MK Dons & 2 other clubs plus ourselves have enquired in his services to see if we can take him on a season long loan🤞
21015575_20130626153559896.jpg-c_310_420_x-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg

Burnley closing in on another CB, CJ Egan-Riley. Looking increasingly likely they’ve moved on if paper talk is anything to go by.

No pace in front 3 , and McGuane not good enough
Bodin only good for half a game goes missing after that
Mcguane not good enough? Okay he didn’t have a great season last year, but we’ve all seen how good he was prior to his injury that cut his loan spell here short. At that point he was one of the best players in the team. There’s a quality player in there who just needs his confidence back. I think having Gorrin back at the pivot of midfield will really help him push on.

Mcguane not good enough? Okay he didn’t have a great season last year, but we’ve all seen how good he was prior to his injury that cut his loan spell here short. At that point he was one of the best players in the team. There’s a quality player in there who just needs his confidence back. I think having Gorrin back at the pivot of midfield will really help him push on.
Agree. Before he was injured during his loan he made us tick. Fortunately Brannagan had just recovered from his eye issue at the stage and probably helped save our season that year.

Think it's about game time for him. He needs 10 games to get up to speed. Not too similar to Holland.

McGuane has to see this as his big chance. Get in the team from the start and stay there.

From Chris Williams’ tour diary:

“Back at the hotel there is a light lunch, then gym
sessions and more training. A team meeting
takes up the evening, with a new face or two on
the cards over the weekend. Indeed, two turn up
by tea time.”

Could this mean some have to regurgitate that humble pie?

From Chris Williams’ tour diary:

“Back at the hotel there is a light lunch, then gym
sessions and more training. A team meeting
takes up the evening, with a new face or two on
the cards over the weekend. Indeed, two turn up
by tea time.”

Could this mean some have to regurgitate that humble pie?
He could be in the wind up ie new faces meaning existing players, directors, staff etc arriving. But CW is usually keen to give fans the heads up! So probably new players 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom