Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was answering the question where someone suggested we might not have a team to put out against Derby on the first day. I was merely pointing out that we have enough players in the building to put a starting 11 and fill a bench.
No where did I say that it was a squad good enough to push for promotion (although it’s not a million miles away).

I will now let you go back to carrying on your negative outlook towards the club.
And I'll let you go back to explaining to people what you meant to say in your post, but didn't actually say, that we have a squad, but don't have a squad. I'm also saying something simple, not negative, but you read it as you will, that we simply don't have enough players to make a decent squad, the same as you actually, but clearly I didn't need to explain that to you.

They weren't under the roof, Moore was. They had left. Wycombe lost stockdale and Stewart this week from under this roof. Maybe it has a leak
They were players that were in our squad last season and will be this season. Players that have left need replacing, that's what I'm saying.

Didn’t think this would happen any time soon but I actually agree! And this is not really about being on the positive bus.

Keeping your better players is more about retention than it is recruiting/adding. By keeping them here we have maintained a level of strength we had in the squad rather than building on it. Numbers have also not increased so I can’t really see an argument for these being classed as new signings - it deserves applause regardless.

Whatever they are, it’s important they stayed and these 3 contracts were every bit as crucial as signing new players. Getting them done early was a job well done.
Enough people like my posts to keep me happy anyway. Couldn't agree more with you.

"Alexa, show me a squad to reach 10th-15th"
Wow! What a positive post, kip!! ;)

So you are saying that the current crop of players is good enough to finish in 10th-15th place. So in relative terms, with an additional 6 top quality players added, we should easily finish from 1st to 6h place.

Kip is finally joining the positive bus. :D

Wow! What a positive post, kip!! ;)

So you are saying that the current crop of players is good enough to finish in 10th-15th place. So in relative terms, with an additional 6 top quality players added, we should easily finish from 1st to 6h place.

Kip is finally joining the positive bus. :D
I hope he brings a bargain bucket with him

Gavin Whyte has the afterburners, and creatively to make assists, but he really needs to work on his finishing, and composure in front of goal.

That miss at Bolton was unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom