General 2021-22: 80/92 for fan engagement

Steve Gilbert

This is the table for fan engagement across all 92 clubs for last season. We come an embarrassing 80th!

We keep getting told we want to be a top 30 club but as has been said before, there is so much the club need to do not just on the pitch but off it too.

To have a supporters panel AND a independent supporters trust in OxVox there is no way fan engagement between us and the club should be so bad.

How is this measured?
However it is pretty shocking.

Regarding Top 30 clubs, many of those are very low on fan engagement!

There is an “us and them” mentality in certain corners of the club in relation to the supporters, and I know that a chunk of that was driven by a certain person who no longer works there.

I had a conversation with somebody from the club a few weeks ago that I found deeply concerning, because the overriding attitude seemed to be that the fans are nothing more than a hindrance and should primarily be scoffed at and dismissed, rather than respected or engaged with.

There is a lot of work to do. I’m actually surprised that the club is as high as eightieth.

There is an “us and them” mentality in certain corners of the club in relation to the supporters, and I know that a chunk of that was driven by a certain person who no longer works there.

I had a conversation with somebody from the club a few weeks ago that I found deeply concerning, because the overriding attitude seemed to be that the fans are nothing more than a hindrance and should primarily be scoffed at and dismissed, rather than respected or engaged with.

There is a lot of work to do. I’m actually surprised that the club is as high as eightieth.

Turn up and shut up seems to be the attitude, let the experts get on with running the club.

I mean these are the same experts that have pissed millions up the wall on a dreadful squad, kept a manager who was doing that in the job for a ridiculously long time after it was obvious he had to go, gave that manager a silly contract burning more money, destroyed the atmosphere at games with the persecution of the ultra lads and a fair few other f**k ups.

Most of these people are just employees who will move onto other jobs at some point, sure they are doing their best but to not want to listen to what your "customers" are saying, especially at a time when with the potential new ground on the horizon fan engagement is vital, in fact I would argue supporters getting behind it has been a key factor in pushing forward with it and the council letting it get as far as it has and it simply won't happen without further efforts from fans to counteract the nimbys.

No fans, no new ground, no football club, simple as that so anyone with the attitude you describe had better realise pretty quick that Robinson has gone and his shitty attitude (have seen some messages with Robinsons real attitude towards Oxford fans, anyone who thinks he had any affection for us would be in for an eye opener) needs to go with him.

Sadly, I would concur with this. The "Friday meeting" that several of us attended had a sense of "them & us". It didn't help matters that KR attended, despite not being invited, his demeanour spoke volumes. Given that he had the best part of 5 years unopposed to influence how the club was run, is it any wonder that fan engagement is so low. Granted, there have been attempts to improve but, the appalling standards displayed throughout the commercial aspect of the club and the, frankly, supercilious treatment of season ticket holders and hospitality seat holders has been disgraceful.
There appears to be some movement now towards improving things but, why has it taken so long for this to happen?

Already a thread running................ come on Mods.... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Already a thread running................ come on Mods.... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Just can't get the staff can you...

...anyway, back to the Music thread.

Sadly, I would concur with this. The "Friday meeting" that several of us attended had a sense of "them & us". It didn't help matters that KR attended, despite not being invited, his demeanour spoke volumes. Given that he had the best part of 5 years unopposed to influence how the club was run, is it any wonder that fan engagement is so low. Granted, there have been attempts to improve but, the appalling standards displayed throughout the commercial aspect of the club and the, frankly, supercilious treatment of season ticket holders and hospitality seat holders has been disgraceful.
There appears to be some movement now towards improving things but, why has it taken so long for this to happen?
Well said, I do remember what Tim said about 2 minutes each talking about ourselves ie introduction and so forth but he started that was the problem listening to his knowing Alex Ferguson and such, what was that 10 mins before KR came in and sat down.you should have rattled KR sooner
He may have left then.

I would observe that most of the clubs in the list who are in the premier league, and a significant number in the top 30 are low down in that index. Eg. The highest ranked prem team is Everton at 23rd with Fulham next at 43, and Newcastle, Leeds, Chelsea and Spurs all below us. The top six in the championship are ranked 54th, 84th, 63rd, 15th (Luton), 50th and 19th (Millwall).

This suggests to me that actually we are already on track to be one of the top 30, and you should all stop complaining.

THIS IS WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE.

🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom