Home Match Day Thread 20/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a tough game. Feel like the Barker/Garbutt battle will be crucial. Beat Blackpool 3-1 on Football Manager yesterday, so I'll go with that! Goals from Matty, Agyei and Brannagan. 1-1 at half after going 1 down.

Going to be a tough game. Feel like the Barker/Garbutt battle will be crucial. Beat Blackpool 3-1 on Football Manager yesterday, so I'll go with that! Goals from Matty, Agyei and Brannagan. 1-1 at half after going 1 down.
Barker and Garbutt play on different sides of the pitch.

Pompey go 2-1 up. So we will have to win to go above them.

We've definitely got more than enough yo win this, but it will be tough. Can see Taylor getting one in the first half and a late second from Shodipo to ease the nerves.

Barker and Garbutt play on different sides of the pitch.
Right, you are! I guess I was hoping to see Barker rinse Garbutt the way he frequently got rinsed when playing LB for us! Don't think Sykes has the pace to really make him sweat.

3-0 again today. After a hard fought first half we'll sneak into the lead just before half time. Blackpool will try to stay in the game for half an hour but concede again once we make three substitutions. The game will limp on into injury time when we'll score a third. Can't see a problem with that.

Strong side. Strong bench. Home turf. Should be too good for them.

I’ll say 1-0, just because they’re in very good form.

3-0 again barker will destroy the RB with his pace and trickery Sykes will give garbutt a headache Taylor will finally score a hat trick oh and after the game it’s announced we’ve been taken over

Ox Mail line up suggesting Barker on the right? So could possibly be against Garbutt

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but is Hall worthy of a place on the bench? His legs have gone.

Sneaky 1-0 win today? COYY

I'm going for a win today for no other reason than its about time Blackpool had a red square in their form chart.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Strong side. Strong bench. Home turf. Should be too good for them.

I’ll say 1-0, just because they’re in very good form.

Not that great as they have drawn four of their last five games, and not scored more than one goal in any of them.

They have quite a few players missing, so no settling for a draw in this one for us.

Definitely in the mix. Could get into the playoffs places today, obviously we need to win, and also need any two out of the following three matches to go our way:

Gillingham v Doncaster - home win.
Wimbledon v Charlton - home win or draw.
Portsmouth v Ipswich - home win or draw.

All very possible... I think ourselves and Charlton will be in the top six by this evening.

Also, Lincoln are away to Sunderland, and if that goes to form, we would be 5 points behind Lincoln with a game in hand. It looked a couple of weeks ago as if just one playoff spot was up for grabs, now it could very easily be three.

One out of the three needed done (Portsmouth win).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom