Home Match Day Thread 20/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Afer the great win over Donny we now face Blackpool. This will not be easy, unless we play as we did against Donny. That should then deliver another 3 points.

PLAYED FOR BOTH :
CVI2Dw1WoAAtHTH

Includes Elliot Lee, Ben Woodburn, Daniel Agyei, Luke Garbutt, Paul Simpson, Alex Dyer, Colin Greenall, Billy Jeffrey,
John Lundstram, Gary Briggs, David Bardsley, Wes Thomas, Matin Aldridge, John Durnin and many others.

What is it with the game ,Blackpool at home? Last year it was the fiasco of Blackpool wanted to speak to Karl about the vacant managerial position which Tiger said no , but because Karl wasn't aware he threw a hissy fit.

Roll on 12 months just over and this time a takeover (kind of) is announced the day before, I'm not sure what them big boys intentions are yet, but maybe they won't be so backing of Karl as Tiger has been.

I would say Karl needs a strong finish of the season to convince them that he is the man to take us out of this league next season and let him spend the increased transfer budget to achieve this.

One thing I can state with confidence, every time there's big news off the pitch, the team somehow manages to bring us back down to earth.
Actually had a look at the tables properly last night for the first time in ages, we are absolutely in the mix if the next two weeks go well.
I think Blackpool will score, they play differently to Donny and it's not what we like, I personally hope we don't play Barker and Shodipo from the start...not a good plan this time around.
Blackpool go one up, then let's see how we respond. Promises to be a real rollercoaster (ha!).

Actually had a look at the tables properly last night for the first time in ages, we are absolutely in the mix if the next two weeks go well.

Definitely in the mix. Could get into the playoffs places today, obviously we need to win, and also need any two out of the following three matches to go our way:

Gillingham v Doncaster - home win.
Wimbledon v Charlton - home win or draw.
Portsmouth v Ipswich - home win or draw.

All very possible... I think ourselves and Charlton will be in the top six by this evening.

Also, Lincoln are away to Sunderland, and if that goes to form, we would be 5 points behind Lincoln with a game in hand. It looked a couple of weeks ago as if just one playoff spot was up for grabs, now it could very easily be three.

We need to win today and Tuesday to stay in the play off mix. I don't think 3 points would be enough. Look at Blackpool with games in hand and the group of clubs around the same points as us. Any slip now would really throw a spanner in the works

I think we’ll ride the wave of the win in the week and take away another 3 points today.
2-1 to the Mighty Yellows!

Injuries are killing us to the extent that I almost put my GUK hat on and predicted doom and gloom. Luckily my optimistic outlook returned so a dour performance relying on a pen or OG to secure a point.
Same prediction as Tuesday - that should do the trick !

I hate this, so many clubs with the same template as us. Tranmere, Wimbledon, Scum, Luton, Blackpool, Plymouth etc...

For Blackpool to be where they are with so many games in hand probably means they're better than us so it won't be easy. If we can win the optimism around the club given the off field news will be unprecedented!!

Pompey v Ipswich is 1-1 at half time. That is very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom