Home Match Day Thread 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

Who was your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My oh my... Got to say Sam's lost us 2 points there. Ridiculous heavy pass back to put us under pressure when they were looking like giving up. Hugely disappointing result given how well we played for the vast majority of that game.

FFS now a draw at home against poxy Northampton.

Will the DESciples on here ever take their heads out of the sands.

Fans need to get together with a protest to get Des replaced by a manager who at least has EFL experience to give us a chance to keep in the play offs otherwise the season is over from us being in 2nd place when Manning left. Come on.
Congratulations, you win the most idiotic post of the evening.

FFS now a draw at home against poxy Northampton.

Will the DESciples on here ever take their heads out of the sands.

Fans need to get together with a protest to get Des replaced by a manager who at least has EFL experience to give us a chance to keep in the play offs otherwise the season is over from us being in 2nd place when Manning left. Come on.
I’d rather fans got together with a protest to send you down the A420!

You’re very boring now.

Well, I might be in a minority. But (apart from the result) I enjoyed that. Loads of attacking intent. Nine times out of ten, we win that game comfortably .Goodwin is going to be a real threat.Stupid mistake by Negru, but I'm sure everyone forgets that's just the sort of error Rob Dickie used to maje early on. Sam Long is not L1 standard. Win on Saturday and all will be well. Playoffs are still on.

My oh my... Got to say Sam's lost us 2 points there. Ridiculous heavy pass back to put us under pressure when they were looking like giving up. Hugely disappointing result given how well we played for the vast majority of that game.
Negru and Matetenalso culpable. I said further up the thread we defend like under 11s sometimes and we did again.

Would anyone have the stats for the last 19 games for how many points we've dropped when we score first?

As much as individual errors cost us the win tonight, there is an awful trend of us throwing games away recently...

Does anyone still have a problem with Buckingham's origainal selection- the one that was mocked so roundly before kickoff?

We were unlucky to lose Brannagan if he was still on the pitch we'd have seen out the victory, I think.

Not read all the comments but if you think we were excellent and in control under Manning you'd have liked that, apart from a couple of calamitous mistakes we were in complete and utter control of that game. Not necessarily a huge positive for me as I always thought we should have been more aggressive under Manning.

Saying that it was a pretty low quality affair, Brannagan and Murphy were both absolutely head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch from either side. Feel for Buckingham, I questioned that staring line up but for the first time I saw a proper plan and we had them where we wanted them. I'd much rather we went forwards with some purpose but I can see what we were doing. The subs generally made positive contributions too.

Horrendous mistakes from Bodin for the first and Long and Negru for the second. I've not seen it back but their second goal looked offside, Negru hadn't yet tried to play it but had to adjust his run to go round Hoskins. Maybe a mor experience player makes a meal of it or maybe they just clear it but having not been given the free kick it has to be dealt with and we had plenty of chances to do so.

Back
Top Bottom