Home Match Build Up 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@admin please edit if i have wrong title format / wrong place in forum.

Barnsley beat Carlisle 2-1 last night after being a goal down, so we have dropped to 6th.

Big, big match. That last playoff space will be between us, Stevenage and Blackpool so we desperately need the points. The current top five will be the final top five - with Derby and Barnsley in the autos.
I wouldn’t write us off just yet, we play Barnsley and Pompey in the next 4 games so I think we will know a lot more of how things might go after that.

Saturday won’t be that easy either, Northampton have only lost 1 in the last 6 and have gained just 1 point less than we have in that time.

That said I expect us still go and get the win.

Big, big match. That last playoff space will be between us, Stevenage and Blackpool so we desperately need the points. The current top five will be the final top five - with Derby and Barnsley in the autos.
It is far too early to say that.
Teams will have dips in form ( Pompey what 5 points in 6 games). Barnsley may lose Cole ( a few Championship teams after him).
We are 4 points off top with a game in hand and you are suggesting that we have no chance of finishing above any of them?
We are 7 points off Blackpool with a game in hand snd you think they could catch us ?
Mmm

I wouldn’t write us off just yet, we play Barnsley and Pompey in the next 4 games so I think we will know a lot more of how things might go after that.

Saturday won’t be that easy either, Northampton have only lost 1 in the last 6 and have gained just 1 point less than we have in that time.

That said I expect us still go and get the win.

Pompey are wobbling, they're beatable in a couple of weeks.

Teams will have dips in form ( Pompey what 5 points in 6 games). Barnsley may lose Cole ( a few Championship teams after him).
We are 4 points off top with a game in hand and you are suggesting that we have no chance of finishing above any of them?
We are 7 points off Blackpool with a game in hand snd you think they could catch us ?
Mmm
We have 54 points to play for, no game is must win yet. Every win is important but teams have come from as far back as Blackpool are currently. Clubs have dips in form and clubs go on awesome runs literally from nowhere. The closer you get to the end goal, the pressure gets greater. Players and teams react different in those situations, some thrive and some flounder.
We are in the mix and we all hope we embrace the challenge ahead in the next few months.

Mmm
Of course Blackpool could catch us.

We're somehow only four points off top with a game in hand, but if we're going off the eye test, we're not promotion material. Played off the park by Peterborough, deservedly beaten by Derby, and did well to get a point from Bolton. I don't think anyone can argue those three teams are better than us. Of course we have a chance to finish above those teams, but it's not a bet any sensible fan or objective onlooker would take at this point in time.

Some returning players will make a difference, but how we recruit will be the deciding factor. We're a top striker and midfielder away from a sustained promotion push. If we're much the same come the end of the window, I'd bet our season is done and dusted by the end of Easter.

Mmm
Not No chance, no. But I would guess that the top 7 are our genuine rivals. Portsmouth will revive, and the others all look strong. We will need a result at Blackpool so I’m looking forward to another happy weekend at the seaside.
But I admire your optimism.

Of course Blackpool could catch us.

We're somehow only four points off top with a game in hand, but if we're going off the eye test, we're not promotion material. Played off the park by Peterborough, deservedly beaten by Derby, and did well to get a point from Bolton. I don't think anyone can argue those three teams are better than us. Of course we have a chance to finish above those teams, but it's not a bet any sensible fan or objective onlooker would take at this point in time.

Some returning players will make a difference, but how we recruit will be the deciding factor. We're a top striker and midfielder away from a sustained promotion push. If we're much the same come the end of the window, I'd bet our season is done and dusted by the end of Easter.
We won at Derby and Barnsley, deservedly so.
To be fair these are irrelevant. We are in the mix points wise ( which is all that matters).
My point is that to suggest that the Top 5 will definitely stay the top 5 and that we are simply competing with Stevenage and Blackpool for the last play off place is ridiculous.
Form , signings, injuries, will all have a huge impact on what happens

Not No chance, no. But I would guess that the top 7 are our genuine rivals. Portsmouth will revive, and the others all look strong. We will need a result at Blackpool so I’m looking forward to another happy weekend at the seaside.
But I admire your optimism.
You daid that the current top 5 WILL BE the top 5.
Pompey are in terrible form.
I am.not being optimistic. I am simply saying that there are very few points between the Top 7 ( Blackpool are some way back) and form, signings and injuries can make a huge difference.
Making definite predictions to me, makes no sense. A lot can happen

You daid that the current top 5 WILL BE the top 5.
Pompey are in terrible form.
I am.not being optimistic. I am simply saying that there are very few points between the Top 7 ( Blackpool are some way back) and form, signings and injuries can make a huge difference.
Making definite predictions to me, makes no sense. A lot can happen
“Definite”?
“I would guess that the ….” were my exact words . Of course a lot could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom