FA Cup 1st round draw Monday 17th October

^^ what he said

home draw v a low ranked non league side Bracknell Town maybe? to (hopefully) progress into round two, then another home draw V low ranked opposition would be IMO ideal
We'd have to beat whoever we drew to get into the next round. Didn't do very well last season, did we!

Another benchmark for KR this, 3rd round minimum.

We'd have to beat whoever we drew to get into the next round. Didn't do very well last season, did we!

Another benchmark for KR this, 3rd round minimum.

If we get Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth, he’s screwed then.

We could extend that to any side in the top 14 of League 1 this year.

Well my take on all of this is we'll either get the team whose number is pulled out before ours or after ours.

In order of preference:

1) Scum at home
2) Scum away
3) City at home or away
4) The lowest possible ranked club at home (when I lived in the UK, I would have said the lowest ranked team within a couple of hours travel of London away - because I used to love those away days - but now I live 4,000 miles away, it's all about winning!). Alvechurch, Merthyr Town or Needham Market sounds about right
5) That same side away

In order of preference:

1) Scum at home
2) Scum away
3) City at home or away
4) The lowest possible ranked club at home (when I lived in the UK, I would have said the lowest ranked team within a couple of hours travel of London away - because I used to love those away days - but now I live 4,000 miles away, it's all about winning!). Alvechurch, Merthyr Town or Needham Market sounds about right
5) That same side away
I really wouldn't want us to get drawn against the Scum with the way we are currently playing.

I really wouldn't want us to get drawn against the Scum with the way we are currently playing.

That's defeatist talk!

Scum games are always epic events (and always likely to be on TV!), and we should always embrace them, not run in fear!

• React
Reactions: m
Getting through the early rounds could give us a big 3rd/4th round game just as we're putting out the plans for the new stadium. A sell out game, live on BBC, cup fever, foil cups, Timmy Mallett, half and half scarves, fans on car roofs looking over the fence, giant killing, naked changing room shots! And it all starts here!

Ideally I want the lowest tanked team left in the cup followed by the second lowest tanked team in the second round followed by either a trip to old Trafford,anfield,spurs new group, amex, Emirates that would give us some fun

Back
Top Bottom