FA Cup 1st round draw

posted this on another thread... ryan groundhoppers blog from 2017 says 3000 (with 1000 covered seats in that number) .... H & Y FC may havwe increased their home stadium capacity in the interim...but as @ZeroTheHero has pointed out, their official website doesnt give the capacity for their SkyEx stadium

It would be Wimbledon away endesque with 6,000 in it!

Wiki says: The club currently play at the SkyEX Community Stadium in Beaconsfield Road, Hayes. They moved there in the 2017-18 season having spent many previous years homeless, ground sharing with Woking, Maidenhead United and finally Beaconsfield Town.

So whose ground were we at when we lost to them - I don't remember it being any of those?

Edit - not sure what 'many years' on Wiki, but I think it was here: http://footygrounds.blogspot.com/2011/06/hayes-and-yeading-church-road.html in 2010 https://www.skysports.com/football/hayes-yeading-vs-oxford-utd/208447

That's the one.

No terracing as such in the new ground, one nice stand (1000+) and some fencing around the rest. I'm reasonably local and the capacity does seem to to be 3,000, although I'm not sure that's been tested up til now! Also, they will have to introduce some sort of segregation, which doesn't exist at present and that might take it down nearer 2,500/700 with further deductions for TV, if that happens.

Was it yeading we played in a pre season friendly a few years ago and got the young lad who go attacked on holiday which ended his career can’t remember name there old ground used to have a half decent supporters bar abit like ox city all have I just lost my marbles ?

I don't think many would deny that Wilder is a very capable manager.

Whether he is Mr Congeniality is another matter entirely.

But - and I realise we're going way off topic here - why do we care? I mean aren't we supposed to care first and foremost about the job our manager does, rather than get all sensitive about what he says (especially given the fact that 90% of all football managers talk abject B*****s 90% of the time)?

If KR delivered promotion this season, and then in the press conference afterwards announced he was leaving, and delivered a twenty minute rant about how much he hated the fans, and belittling the club's history......you know what, I would still love him. Because he would have delivered us Championship football!

But I feel as if a section of our fans would instead take great offense, and hate the man for evermore.

Back on topic - so is the ground that we went to in 2010 in Hayes still there, and used by someone else? Or did it get demolished? I remember it being very tinpot, and a very depressing afternoon, but very little else.....

But - and I realise we're going way off topic here - why do we care?

Back on topic - so is the ground that we went to in 2010 in Hayes still there, and used by someone else? Or did it get demolished? I remember it being very tinpot, and a very depressing afternoon, but very little else.....
Re Wilder. Not sure I do care.

Re Hayes. Yes, that's the one we went to on the depressing afternoon. I think (on my googlings today) I read that the ground was sold for housing, but because of the downturn they got less for it than they thought they were going to.

But - and I realise we're going way off topic here - why do we care? I mean aren't we supposed to care first and foremost about the job our manager does, rather than get all sensitive about what he says (especially given the fact that 90% of all football managers talk abject B*****s 90% of the time)?

If KR delivered promotion this season, and then in the press conference afterwards announced he was leaving, and delivered a twenty minute rant about how much he hated the fans, and belittling the club's history......you know what, I would still love him. Because he would have delivered us Championship football!

But I feel as if a section of our fans would instead take great offense, and hate the man for evermore.

I think it’s appropriate to reminisce about the last time we played Hayes and Yeading. Where we were (conference) , who was manager (Wilder) , what the ground was like , that we lost twice.

And its on the telly................ on Sunday............. at 2.15pm.....

Another visit from the FuckupFairy... ? ? :mad:

Their FB site is saying a 2000 capacity (max for safety) with us getting 10% tickets.

Might be a bit of a squabble over the 200, especially if you don't have BT!!!?

100k in the bank towards the transfer kitty in January for our promotion push.

We’ve been on BT Sport a lot over the years, it’s seems they quite like us.
Gateshead
Wrexham
Forest Green
Merstham
Now Hayes and Yeading. Might of missed one or two more ties. I know BBC showed us away at Macclesfield.

Last edited:
Their FB site is saying a 2000 capacity (max for safety) with us getting 10% tickets.

Might be a bit of a squabble over the 200, especially if you don't have BT!!!?

Depends how they segregate the ground as to how many we get I should think.

And its on the telly................ on Sunday............. at 2.15pm.....

Another visit from the FuckupFairy... ? ? :mad:

I have to work in Hayes sometimes, I reckon the best way to visit it might be on the television and wait for (hopefully) a better day out in the next round.

100k in the bank towards the transfer kitty in January for our promotion push.

We’ve been on BT Sport a lot over the years, it’s seems they quite like us.
Gateshead
Wrexham
Forest Green
Merstham
Now Hayes and Yeading. Might of missed one or two more ties. I know BBC showed us away at Macclesfield.

Assuming we win for the prize money.

Back
Top Bottom