Away Match Day Thread 18/9/21 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

:unsure: Very frustrating, bang goes our good start to the season.

Dropping points all over the place, against teams we should be beating if we want to be anywhere near the top 6 at the end of the season.

Players whose arrival we were all so excited about in the summer, are either hardly featuring, or not cutting the mustard, and the imbalance in the squad is leaving us short of options in key areas.

Add to that, a manager who is either refusing, or simply not able to show ANY tactical flexibility, and things are now starting to look a little bit dodgy.

Last edited:
It was a real game of two halves, let’s not forget that we absolutely battered them first half but couldn’t score. Second half was so so odd, we looked a different team, we didn’t have the same energy or movement and we just started pinging hopeful long balls forwards, our midfield went missing. Very strange, no idea what happened at half time!

He’s been no worse than Taylor, the team has collapsed since he came on. He also won a flick on and a free kick which Taylor didn’t

I’m only listening to radio but all I’ve heard him do is mis-control the ball a couple of times.
It just surprises me that people honestly expect him to improve on Taylor when he’s never exactly linked well with any of our forward line, and he’s never been a penalty box poacher either - offering the occasional screamer or solo goal.

Maybe I’m being harsh singling this out when the other players today clearly weren’t good enough

Spineless, gutless, pathetic display. Roll over the moment a side gets physical against us.

Absolutely devoid of ideas the moment we get into the final 3rd.

Robbo will probably be delighted at how well we passed it around the back for and into our wingers. It's a shame every time we worked it out wide we lofted a gentle Cr*p cross onto the centre backs heads.

Final stats, 26 crosses and only 4 were successful. It's almost as if Matt Taylor isn't a lone target man.

Getting bored and fed up of the same problems. Karl said after the Blackpool game we needed more physicality and strength across the side, well where is it? Other than Elliot Moore we have nothing.

The moment we come up against a big physical side we can't hack it.

I’m only listening to radio but all I’ve heard him do is mis-control the ball a couple of times.
It just surprises me that people honestly expect him to improve on Taylor when he’s never exactly linked well with any of our forward line, and he’s never been a penalty box poacher either - offering the occasional screamer or solo goal.

Maybe I’m being harsh singling this out when the other players today clearly weren’t good enough
I was watching and he did two good things and maybe one bad. Taylor did about two good things and maybe 5-10 bad - in many more minutes on the pitch, and in team which was dominating as opposed to Agyei struggling in a team which had fallen apart. Neither were great but Agyei was better than Taylor today.

Same as the Wimbledon game.

First half - excellent. Should have been out of sight, but didn't take chances.
Second half - utterly clueless, to the extent that we ultimately didn't deserve anything from the game. KR seemingly incapable of making adjustments to change the flow of the game.

Opposition again looking dangerous from every set piece. We may as well not have bothered with ours. Should take all of them short.

And again, it comes down to the horribly imbalanced squad that KR has built - too many wingers and skillful attacking midfielders, not enough defenders or goalscorers - which has been painfully obvious to everyone all summer.

Maybe we'll turn it around, but I feel like our ceiling is squeezing into the playoffs again.

Agyei scores the odd worldie but you need a striker who will get lots of scruffy goals.

I tend to focus on the team collectively rather than scapegoating individuals. Don’t know what’s going on with them, are they losing confidence after not scoring when on top?

It was a real game of two halves, let’s not forget that we absolutely battered them first half but couldn’t score. Second half was so so odd, we looked a different team, we didn’t have the same energy or movement and we just started pinging hopeful long balls forwards, our midfield went missing. Very strange, no idea what happened at half time!

Hardly battered them, yes we were the better side but they had chances and a couple of corners too.

Only if we had someone who could put the ball in the back of the net

Hardly battered them, yes we were the better side but they had chances and a couple of corners too.
48C7A03C-D6F2-43C8-A941-D47D0A132B13.jpeg
Stats from the first half. More possession, way more shots, they didn’t have a shot on target and we made their keeper pull off 2-3 great saves. We also had a load more corners. We dominated that first half and were all over them

Well Taylor certainly wasn’t up to the Task today

Completely isolated and had 0 service. Especially second half.
I don't think the blame should fall mainly on Taylor, and I don't think Agyei is the answer either.

Back
Top Bottom