Away Match Day Thread 18/9/21 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Malc

Staff member
Second try at getting this started at the right date and time. Dooh.

REF WATCH :

London based Paul Howard will take control of today’s match at The Jonny Rocks Stadium.
He was promoted to the National List of referees in August 2020 after two years in the National League
and appears to be fast tracked along with several others from that summer’s intake. Howard took charge of two
Oxford Utd matches last season as well as Oxford City’s home FA Cup win over Northampton Town

In 29 matches in 2020-21 Howard issued 81 yellow cards and three reds.

PREVIOUS OXFORD UTD MATCHES:

November 21st 2020 - Wigan Athletic 1-2 Oxford Utd
April 10th 2021 - Crewe Alexandra 0-6 Oxford Utd

Efc6eGqXsAEhw8W

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

CqtPHOZWIAAgRGZ

Dw8ls6AWwAAKMyU

EshNYorU0AApNzy

Includes Rob Dickie, Charlie Raglan, Liam Sercombe, Kyle Vassell, Kemar Roofe, Luke Garbutt,
Tyrone Barnett and Ken Skeen plus many more.

Same same old failings away from home
2 1 defeat after going ahead and looking good
Their goals from set pieces

Stubborn opposition today. I think most will fall in to the trap of thinking this is a routine win vs an average newly promoted side but they’ve had a steady start with some good players and largely overachieved last year so they’re certainly well coached.

I think we’ll beat them but only by the odd goal and might need some patience before chances start to fall. I think our midfield have an opportunity to run this game for us. Must be tight at set pieces vs 3 CB’s.

Good luck lads, shake a leg. With you all the way 💪

Stevens
Long Moore Thorniley Seddon
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Sykes
Whyte Agyei​

Just for a laugh

Stevens
Gorrin Kane
Sykes Brannagan Whyte
Taylor
I'd start with Kane in the middle with Gorrin and have Cam in a more advanced role. In addition to having Long and, hopefully, Moore back that gives us a lot more physicality across the back 6 with loads of options in the attacking third.

2 nil Oxford, Taylor and White.

Stevens
Gorrin Kane
Sykes Brannagan Whyte
Taylor
I'd start with Kane in the middle with Gorrin and have Cam in a more advanced role. In addition to having Long and, hopefully, Moore back that gives us a lot more physicality across the back 6 with loads of options in the attacking third.

2 nil Oxford, Taylor and White.

Who? :)

Stick Dan up top in the last 20 minutes and I`ll otherwise concur with your selection.

We can then await KR doing something completely different!

53F94347-0701-4334-9513-9AB7FC50AE83.jpeg
Sounds as if Moore is still a doubt, so with McNally doing so well, I wouldn’t risk him.

Long looked rusty when he came on against Wycombe, so with Forde doing well, I see no need to rush things with Long, so I’d continue easing him back in.

Whyte has struggled on the left, and Bodin is a natural left winger, so start him there.

Taylor hasn’t been playing badly, but he hasn’t been scoring either, so please Robbo, GIVE. AGYEI. A. CHANCE.

That said, I’d settle for a scrappy 1-0 win, with the winner bouncing in off their goalies a**e if need be!

COYY

Peed off if we lose, ok if we draw, going to have a good night here in Tenerife if we win. What is it going to be? Here's hoping its the latter. Ugly nervy 1:0 win to the mighty yellows. Sedds with the winner.

We score twice in quick succession, then concede shortly after, then spend the rest of the game holding on...a long but ultimately satisfactory afternoon for our sizeable away support

View attachment 7170
Sounds as if Moore is still a doubt, so with McNally doing so well, I wouldn’t risk him.

Long looked rusty when he came on against Wycombe, so with Forde doing well, I see no need to rush things with Long, so I’d continue easing him back in.

Whyte has struggled on the left, and Bodin is a natural left winger, so start him there.

Taylor hasn’t been playing badly, but he hasn’t been scoring either, so please Robbo, GIVE. AGYEI. A. CHANCE.

That said, I’d settle for a scrappy 1-0 win, with the winner bouncing in off their goalies a**e if need be!

COYY
Please KR keep Taylor in the side.
I would also keep Whyte in.
Maybe try and get Kane in somewhere ( not quite sure where though)

Yes, keep Taylor in while we can, but soon we are going to have to deal without him, as he can't be far off a suspension already (and that's without the threat of a red if he keeps trying to dissect opponents like he did last week).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom