+++ 18/12/2019 OUFC v Manchester City +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has to be one of the performances of the season.
When you play against world class players and match them for chances, work rate and skilful football, you really are onto something.
The gulf in class was almost bridged and we can count ourselves extremely unlucky not to have got them to penalties.
Taylor’s goal - Wow!
What a team we have here. If we can just keep all of these superb players together for the rest of the season then we must be in with a tremendous chance of automatic promotion.
Well done all of you.

I’m expecting a result which flatters City a little, think we’ll go down 1-5 with a very credible
performance for the first hour, then 3 goals in the last 15 mins.

Any score which betters last years result will be a good effort.

We will need big performances from players like, Dickie, Baptiste, Brannigan and Fosu, all young who must have ambitions to play at a higher level. Show us what you’re about against a top, top side!

Well to reply to my own post, the scoreline did flatter City.

Dickie, Baptiste and Brannigan in particular did show what they’re about, and looked like they could all play at a higher level. Let’s hope it’s with OUFC.

Nice - better than his comments on Turkish politics
[B]lkay Gündogan[/B]‏Verified account @[B]IlkayGuendogan[/B] 21m21 minutes ago
More
Next round
✔️
Respect @OUFCOfficial for this tough fight
??
Good luck for the rest of the campaign #CarabaoCup #CmonCity @ManCity
EMGoUY7WwAEKp3l.jpg

8 replies51 retweets663 likes

Retweet

Anyone still thinking we cant survive in the Championship next season..?!

Everything seems to be heading, slowly but surely, in the right direction and I for one do not want this bubble to burst.

Anyone think that Guardiola was massively disrespectful? Long balls, throw ins and corners........made us sound like Wimbledon of old!

Sorry, but we played beautiful football at times and cut them open. Pep's weakness I think is that we got to him and he doesn't like it. That's why is is a winner I guess.

See him correct the interviewer when he mistakenly said that U's had more shots than them and PG corrected him by saying it was 18 each.........sh*t, its like beating your 4 year old in a board game.....mega competitive......too much.

Then interviewer said more shots on target to OUFC and he came out with that boll**ks.

Suppose we got to him, but at end of match couldn't help feel that he tried to pull away from KR constantly.

Message to Karl....KR, it maybe that Pep has more humility than Van Gaal and many others, but you beat him by miles. Stay with us and achieve what Jim Smith achieved.

Really proud of 2nd half performance....but make it count by promoted.

PS, Fosu was shocking 1st half..........I mean embarrasing shocking. He will never make it unless he puts the effort in when not playing well.

first time i’ve left a game we’ve lost and felt happy. great performance tonight and great to see the stadium like that.
play like that for the rest of the season and we’ll be up there.
got in and caught the end of the highlights on Quest and we got some much deserved praise.
cracking night out

Thought Sykes was very good tonight. It’s not the first time he’s come off the bench and made much more of an impact than when he starts.

6 months rough and tumbling it on loan in L2 could do him the world of good for next season.

Finally out of the overflow car park

Magnificent team performance

East stand looked fantastic. Many thanks to all those who worked so hard to achieve this.

Tremendous tribute to Jim Smith

Baptiste and Sykes look better against higher league opposition

The atmosphere was great.

I know we lost , but immensely proud of OUFC tonight

Sykes should not be going anywhere at the moment. Especially league 2.
He has ability in spades, as he showed tonight.
He will be a real asset to us off the bench at least.
He has been very poor recently. His best games by a distance have come against West Ham and today.
Maybe he needs to come off the bench to be used more as an impact player

The players were immense, 1st half they put us under the cosh but we coped 2nd half, wow what a transformation if it wasn’t for their Keeper having a worldly we could have scored a couple more, but wasn’t to be. If Sykes volley had gone in that would have been shown all over the networks tomorrow Sykes did very well when he came on and I’m glad he wasn’t sent out on loan. Matt Taylor’s goal was very well taken and I do hope he’s with us next season. Elliot Moore did well and will start more games with Mouse will be on the bench. We’ve missed Cam and now he has shown he is back with his performance tonight. Baptiste got in some good challenges and he is getting back to what we know he can be, Josh ruffles Mr reliable Sam Long did ok against a decent winger. Tariq played well for through some challenges when he had no right to but with Tariq you know what to expect, Miuse did his job when he came on Jamie Mackie I just love his shithousery. Agyei did ok think he is work in progress, I’m confident in Archer although he reminded me a bit of George Long where he stood in the centre circle when we had a corner, don’t think he could have done anything with their three goals. I think that’s about it.......oh hang on a minute I forgot what an acquisition we have in Gorrin absolute gem of a player a good bit of business Robbo did there.

Gutted I had to watch it on TV and couldn't be there even though I had a ticket.

So pleased and proud with that performance, for spells in the 2nd half we dominated them which was tremendous. But for fine margins, that could have gone our way but their clinical finishing really was the difference. I really enjoyed watching that match and what a superb finish by Matty Taylor.

A few other things:

- One of the coaching staff need to have a quiet word with Fosu as he is getting into good attacking positions but he seems to always shoot regardless of other players in better positions. Earlier when he was really on form, he was mixing it up a lot more but his defensive work was far better than Saturday for me.

- For me Sykes has real potential as a right midfielder and looks far more comfortable there. Some of his close control was just sublime tonight and he controlled that volley really well. He just needs to pick his head up a little bit earlier imo and his end product will improve no end.

- It is amazing how much better we look with having central midfielders in the central midfield positions. Those minutes at MK Dons seemed to do Cam Bran and Shandon the world of good tonight. I hope both are good for Saturday.

- What a tackle by Dickie on Sterling.

- Not often you can say that Oxford gave Man City a harder test than Arsenal.

The players were immense, 1st half they put us under the cosh but we coped 2nd half, wow what a transformation if it wasn’t for their Keeper having a worldly we could have scored a couple more, but wasn’t to be. If Sykes volley had gone in that would have been shown all over the networks tomorrow Sykes did very well when he came on and I’m glad he wasn’t sent out on loan. Matt Taylor’s goal was very well taken and I do hope he’s with us next season. Elliot Moore did well and will start more games with Mouse will be on the bench. We’ve missed Cam and now he has shown he is back with his performance tonight. Baptiste got in some good challenges and he is getting back to what we know he can be, Josh ruffles Mr reliable Sam Long did ok against a decent winger. Tariq played well for through some challenges when he had no right to but with Tariq you know what to expect, Miuse did his job when he came on Jamie Mackie I just love his shithousery. Agyei did ok think he is work in progress, I’m confident in Archer although he reminded me a bit of George Long where he stood in the centre circle when we had a corner, don’t think he could have done anything with their three goals. I think that’s about it.......oh hang on a minute I forgot what an acquisition we have in Gorrin absolute gem of a player a good bit of business Robbo did there.

I'd say Sam Long did better than ok.

Great game, great performance, and we deserved better.

Would have been nice to see what could have happened if we had scored a 2nd in the last 10/15mins, and real shame we didn’t equalise when on top for 10/15mins in that 2nd half.

Now to focus for the game against Wycombe, so if we play anything like tonight then I think we pick up 3 points, but we all know Ainsworth’s won’t play/set his team up to be anything like Man City or the way they play e.g. allowing us to play football in our half or playing any decent football themselves. It’ll be route one stuff with Ainsworrh flinging his arms about.

Last edited:
Sykes and Long on the right just seem to click. In the same way Cadden and Henry bring the best out of each other.

I know that we are always looking to improve in every position, but a couple more games like that and we might not worry so much about losing Cadden after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom