Current Player #17 James Henry

Was it his 50th league goal for us? (Wiki had him on 49 before)

First name on the team sheet - scoring at nearly a goal per game this season :love:

I reckon he will get another year.

Based on one goal that could have been going in anyway?

He’s been a great player for us but that two year deal in 2022 was a massive error (although the rumour has it that it had to match CamBran’s so the cost of it was spread over two years).

Stop with the sentiment and ask yourself ‘is a 35 year old James Henry going to be getting us promoted next season?’

The answer is no. He’ll free up a lot of wages when he departs along with Murphy and Browne.

Last edited:
I hope he finds another club in the summer or perhaps tries his hand at coaching. He’s been an absolutely gem for us and I wish him well in his future career. But as a player it is not with us. Time and injuries have caught up with him and we need fresh legs going forward.

Based on one goal that could have been going in anyway?

He’s been a great player for us but that two year deal in 2022 was a massive error (although the rumour has it that it had to match CamBran’s so the cost of it was spread over two years).

Stop with the sentiment and ask yourself ‘is a 35 year old James Henry going to be getting us promoted next season?’

The answer is no. He’ll free up a lot of wages when he departs along with Murphy and Browne.
No sentiment from me, I am just stating what I think will happen. Reduced money and one year for his experience.

I could see him being offered a non-playing role actually.
Bang on - one of my favourite players of recent years but its Matty time
Would be delighted if he wanted a coaching role here or similar but not a further playing contract

Bang on - one of my favourite players of recent years but its Matty time
Would be delighted if he wanted a coaching role here or similar but not a further playing contract
I think the original comment was a joke! He's clearly going to retire. It would be great if he stayed around in a different role as he's clearly an intelligent guy but I'm not sure I'd see him as a coach, he seems quite reserved.

Always find it weird that players that have happened to play for a side for a long time are always seen as incredibly strong candidates for coaching roles. I get the idea they know the players and the club, but surely you just want the best person for the role rather than jobs for the boys?

Hope Henry is judged entirely on his merits of coaching (and his ability to learn) for whether he's suitable or not.

Always find it weird that players that have happened to play for a side for a long time are always seen as incredibly strong candidates for coaching roles. I get the idea they know the players and the club, but surely you just want the best person for the role rather than jobs for the boys?

Hope Henry is judged entirely on his merits of coaching (and his ability to learn) for whether he's suitable or not.
It's not just that for me - always been the ultimate pro for us. Mr consistent.

Seems only right that Henry gets to have a go at the Assistant Manager role.

James Henry has been brilliant for us. But he, Bodin and Murphy should be gone in the summer. However, for the time being, bringing Henry off the bench with 10 minutes to go is not a bad option. He had a massive impact against Pompey, not only his goal but his set pieces were superb.

James Henry has been brilliant for us. But he, Bodin and Murphy should be gone in the summer. However, for the time being, bringing Henry off the bench with 10 minutes to go is not a bad option. He had a massive impact against Pompey, not only his goal but his set pieces were superb.
And Browne!

I won't lie when he came on I said f**k sake it's like the OAP club with him and Eastwood but you know what fair play to him he worked bloody hard when he came on and made me eat my words
Totally my thoughts lol

Back
Top Bottom