Current Player #17 James Henry

Looked awful off the bench today, and if we’re really honest with ourselves his days are numbered.

He’s been a great servant etc, but he was finished a year ago at least.

Thanks Karl!

Last edited:
After the Cambridge game quite a few were praising his contribution from the bench.
I was worried when he came on at half time, as he seems ready for 15 to 20 minutes but not 45.
He has been out for a long time, so I assume at his age, it will take time for him to get match fit ( or as some are suggesting here is that impossible and he will never get mat h fit?)

Hopefully Henry's last game in an Oxford shirt. Been a fantastic servant to us for many years but aside from his legs being gone also didn't look like he wanted to be on the pitch last night. That shot he had was truly non league standard in a chance that could have sealed us the game. Shame but time to move on and hope he doesn't tarnish his legacy too much.

I thought he looked pretty good when he came on against Cambridge. It certainly didn't suit him being on the 'wrong' wing yesterday and yes, that shot was a bit feeble.
He didn’t help himself with getting that shot away, his first touch was so poor.

Wonderful servant for the club and a smashing bloke but sadly his race is run.
I still think he can add something for 15 - 20 minutes at the end of a game this season but sadly for such a great stalwart this season will surely be his last playing at this level
Sadly reminicent of another diamond geezer Matty last season - and he has done very little in L2 this year too

Excellent dead balls, scored his 50th league goal for us and he made a difference alongside GOD when he came on.
Yeah, very impressive. Loved how he took a grip on the game, was talking and directing a tired bunch and generally looking like a veteran leader. Unlikely he'll get many minutes but if those he does play are anything like that could still be important for us. Hope so

Can’t deny he’s my favourite player, but he really did make a difference today with his dead balls and a couple of canny passes. I think he’ll pop up with a couple of important interventions before sailing into the sunset this summer.

Nice to see him score and have a good little cameo, he deserves that for his time here, but if we make a couple of signings and one or two come back then he probably isn't making the bench, still think the legs are gone and he just profited from a shambolic finish from a Portsmouth side who are not as good as their league position. Happy that he got that moment though and his set pieces at least are still the best at the club.

With the exception of one pass that he aimed towards Harris that was never going to make it, I thought he was excellent when he came on.

If he can contribute like that for the rest of the season then it'll be very welcome, and I wouldn't be against offering a one year extension as he's obviously good to have around the place.

🙂

With the exception of one pass that he aimed towards Harris that was never going to make it, I thought he was excellent when he came on.

If he can contribute like that for the rest of the season then it'll be very welcome, and I wouldn't be against offering a one year extension as he's obviously good to have around the place.

🙂
Is he good to have about the place though? He's great with dead balls but he looks sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom