Current Player #17 James Henry

I think you’ll find Henry’s new 2 year deal was linked to CB’s new contract, a pre existing contract agreement linked to the clubs top earner!

Either way it was crazy but followed more or less straight after CB’s new agreement

He's 33 not 63!! I hope he gets his spark back though I agree that giving him a contract for beyond this season was unexpected. He's one of our best players at getting a goal out of nothing - a canny shot from the edge of the box into the corner - and we've really missed that this season.
And also one of our best players at getting no goal out of something...

KR said ‘everybody fit is on the bench’ pre-match so if we take him at his word, as we normally do, then he’s not fit/injured.

Cruel as it is, moving him on would signal progress. Been such a great player for us but time to move on.

KR said ‘everybody fit is on the bench’ pre-match so if we take him at his word, as we normally do, then he’s not fit/injured.

Cruel as it is, moving him on would signal progress. Been such a great player for us but time to move on.
Of course that wasn't true

I spoke with Henry after the Exeter FA Cup game. When talking about personal expectations for the season he said that he was just hoping to get through it. "I'm getting older and slower by the day!" were his words. He's been a great servant to this club and was a shot away from taking us up and forever being a club legend. If he moves on he can go with his head held high for everything he has done for us but I suspect that won't be until the summer.

I spoke with Henry after the Exeter FA Cup game. When talking about personal expectations for the season he said that he was just hoping to get through it. "I'm getting older and slower by the day!" were his words. He's been a great servant to this club and was a shot away from taking us up and forever being a club legend. If he moves on he can go with his head held high for everything he has done for us but I suspect that won't be until the summer.

I bet he thought Christmas had come early when that two year deal landed in front of him 🙄.

He had a contract that allowed him to match the highest earners at the club. He agreed a 2 year deal on lower wages rather than a one year deal matching Cam.

They've just signed Matt Jay from Exeter which would complicate that.

Must of fount a few quid down the back of their sofa. He was Exeter’s captain.

I’m sure they signed one of Port Vale’s best defenders last week too.

Signed 4 I think, including Fiacre Kelleher (who was a weird signing by us). They are understandably desperate to get away from the risk of relegation.

He had a contract that allowed him to match the highest earners at the club. He agreed a 2 year deal on lower wages rather than a one year deal matching Cam.
This is true and is why when a few people kept saying that other players could just get over it if we threw silly money at Brannagan, which we did in the end, I was insistent that it wasn’t that straight forward for numerous reasons.

Exeter's captain, but hasn't been able to get into their starting XI much this year.

Has been a monster at League Two level, though, the last couple of years so it is a deal that makes some sense with Exeter looking up not down this season........

Exeter's captain, but hasn't been able to get into their starting XI much this year.

Has been a monster at League Two level, though, the last couple of years so it is a deal that makes some sense with Exeter looking up not down this season........
One of my favourite players in recent times and a great servant to us and his previous clubs - clearly going to be less effective as he gets older - I hope he at least reaches the milestones of 200 league games and 50 league goals which is a quality return

The problem this season is that he is not the only attacking player naturally on the wane - its unlikely Sam Baldock will play and Matty is also clearly a shadow of his former self - add in the limited game time of Murphy and Wildschut and its inevitable we are struggling

One of my favourite players in recent times and a great servant to us and his previous clubs - clearly going to be less effective as he gets older - I hope he at least reaches the milestones of 200 league games and 50 league goals which is a quality return

The problem this season is that he is not the only attacking player naturally on the wane - its unlikely Sam Baldock will play and Matty is also clearly a shadow of his former self - add in the limited game time of Murphy and Wildschut and its inevitable we are struggling
Sorry this is obviously about Jammo not the Exeter player lol

Back
Top Bottom