Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Clare did much better today, and Long looked good at cb with some great distribution including two fantastic balls to Sykes and Henry.

But that'll all get lost in the negativity that will inevitably fly so I'll leave you to it for a bit.
Apart from the fact that long let a ball go over his head for the 1st goal. Schoolboy error and clare let their player waltz past him for the 2nd. Apart from that they were outstanding...... not really there fault though as they are both playing out of position. Robbo has to shunt the blame for building this ropy defence. League table doesnt lie.

As another poster has put, we have been poor in both boxes again, or not as good as the opposition which has ultimately lost us the game. The shape of the team is all over the place, Taylor might as well be at Southend beach by himself as there was no support for him all game until bringing Winnall on. I thought Clare had an improved performance and ruffles is finding his way back into playing. Annoying aygei can’t last more than 50 minutes. I thought Henry and forde were good today and Sykes had moments. We have not put in a team performance all season imo.

We’re a good team but we are in s**t form we can’t score for nothing at the moment certain decisions aren’t going our way I’m not disappointed we lost today I didn’t expect anything different but we need to sort it out and quick because next Saturday is a different kettle of fish we need to get some momentum by beating mk on Tu

We’re a good team but we are in s**t form we can’t score for nothing at the moment certain decisions aren’t going our way I’m not disappointed we lost today I didn’t expect anything different but we need to sort it out and quick because next Saturday is a different kettle of fish we need to get some momentum by beating mk on Tuesday
Does a good team sit bottom of the table?

A defense that can't defend. A midfield that can't create. And forwards that can't score. Not good.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
I don't think we played that badly today overall.

The ball just didn't drop for us, Agyei was unlucky, how the ref didn't see he was being pulled back, I don't know.
They go up the other end and seal it.

It's early days, we've played 4 of our 5 games away, and also 4 of the top 6.
We will be fine.

As another poster has put, we have been poor in both boxes again, or not as good as the opposition which has ultimately lost us the game. The shape of the team is all over the place, Taylor might as well be at Southend beach by himself as there was no support for him all game until bringing Winnall on. I thought Clare had an improved performance and ruffles is finding his way back into playing. Annoying aygei can’t last more than 50 minutes. I thought Henry and forde were good today and Sykes had moments. We have not put in a team performance all season imo.
Forde MOM

This time next week all will be well , don’t panic everyone

The ball just didn't drop for us, Agyei was unlucky, how the ref didn't see he was being pulled back, I don't know.

We will be fine.
Hallelujah.
Someone else with a sense of perspective

Apart from the fact that long let a ball go over his head for the 1st goal. Schoolboy error and clare let their player waltz past him for the 2nd. Apart from that they were outstanding...... not really there fault though as they are both playing out of position. Robbo has to shunt the blame for building this ropy defence. League table doesnt lie.

Clare was better today than he has been for us so far, so it’s nice to see improvement at least as he learns the position.

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. FFS grow up. Coyy's
To be fair it’s Robinson and co. who are embarrassing with this shoddy start. I know there’s a long way to go but after making the playoff final last season, it’s shocking. Losses to Lincoln and Gillingham is dreadful as those needed to be guaranteed 4 points minimum. Posh and Sunderland you have to take on the chin as they are better teams. I stand by the opinion that I this team is worse than our L2 promotion team and there’s no way that should have been allowed to happen. I’ll be interested to see how many will advocate keeping Robinson if we get no win from the next two. I’m not saying he should be out now but it’s do or die in the next week in my personal opinion

We will be fine.
Well they’ve had 3 points from us so are likely to be doing well in the table.

We will be fine.
It’s not ‘just’ that which is worrying. Defensive errors are the crux of us losing games.

We’ve used the excuse a couple of times that it hasn’t dropped for us - Lincoln and Gillingham - it cant become a habit.

We will be fine.
Don't understand these kind of posts at all, sorry. "Ball didn't drop for us", well they could be saying the same as they should have been completely out of sight by half time. They made far more clear cut chances than we did.

We are struggling and either personnel or tactics need to change to help us.

Don't understand these kind of posts at all, sorry. "Ball didn't drop for us", well they could be saying the same as they should have been completely out of sight by half time. They made far more clear cut chances than we did.

We are struggling and either personnel or tactics need to change to help us.
no they didnt!

Its 5 games in to the season ffs..........
Some of you need to check this website.

I agree with you BUT we have lost 4 of them and frankly haven't looked like winning any of those.

We only lost 9 from 35 last year.

COVID means most people will be happy that we have a club still this time next year, and its not panic button on the season yet, but let's not hide away from the fact that so far we have not been up to standard, start of a new cycle or not.

I'll stick with my predicted 1 nil victory for Oxford. Peterborough playing football will give space for Kelly to also play, and alongside Henry and Forde that gives us a bit of class and bite. Agyei and Sykes will need to drop in at times, and Clare needs to focus on the basics.

In fact, I've talked myself up a goal! 2 nil Oxford, Henry and Taylor with assists from each other too!!
Blimey. You called that one well!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom