Away Match Day Thread 16/09/2023 L1: Fleetwood v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
It’s felt like ages since that loss to Port Vale.

Fleetwood seem to be a bogey team and with the suspensions (Harris and Leigh) and international player injuries (Brown and Goodrham), it’s going to be tough!

Will be travelling home from Barça today, but wearing the colours nonetheless. Hoping for a reaction to the Port Vale loss and much better discipline. COYY

First game in 11 days. Looking forward to this one.
Always a tricky away fixture. Hopefully it’ll be back to winning ways in the league.

Tough one
New manager for them, they will be out to impress him
For us 2 out suspended, 2/3 ? out injured Goodrham, Brown, O Donkor in effect no left back so Murphy plays there?

This will test us, will be interesting

confident for another away win under LM ... 1-3 Perkins, RR & MM with a goal apiece

I'm more confident this season than I would have been under the same circumstances last season.
Needs a huge game from the midfield, hopefully CamBran shakes off the funk that he's been in for too long and starts dictating things in the way we know he can do.
Fancy Mills and Perkins to step up as well.
That said, I predict a draw.

I'm more confident this season than I would have been under the same circumstances last season.
Needs a huge game from the midfield, hopefully CamBran shakes off the funk that he's been in for too long and starts dictating things in the way we know he can do.
Fancy Mills and Perkins to step up as well.
That said, I predict a draw.

I'll take that, tough game due to the reasons you said.

A draw at least, can't afford to start losing.
Difficult match as always, especially with the new manager bounce.
Plus a striker , I would of thought , that'll be chomping at the bit...
Come on the MANOR 🤘🤘

Another strong performance will do me. We won't win every game but if we are consistent in our performances then on the whole we should be in a good place, law of averages.

Today will be a big test, given we’ll have four or five players missing and Fleetwood is a difficult place to visit at the best of times. I’ll settle for not hearing Captain Pugwash!

Fleetwood 0 - Oxford United 0.

Will be tough but can see a 2-1 win, courtesy of goals from Brannagan who is playing better this season under LM

Well as said previousl, Fleetwood is not a happy hunting ground for us. We have players injured, for the first time in years we are without a proper left full back…🤔. so everything is against us. Saying that, I will be disappointed if we don’t come away with three points. We have quality, Perkins will be raring to go and Manning has had ten days to sort things out.

Now that it looks very much like Brown, O'Donker and Goodrham are out.

Beadle

Stevens......Moore......Negru......Thorniley*

McGuane........Brannagan

Mills..........Rodrigues.........Edwards

Perkins**
* - Might Manning risk Murphy at Leftback again? (I doubt it, but Murphy featured in the Twitter Promo of today's match, so will play some part)
** I hope Bodin isn't played up front, but I could see Murphy maybe playing there if Perkins isn't played.

I'm really excited to see Perkins play, having watched Edwards, Perkins is the only real unknown in the squad. Very highly rated, hopeully he can force himself into first team reckoning.

Back
Top Bottom