Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/03/2019 OUFC v Bradford City match day thread +++

I take your point on individual fans, but I thought as a whole we created a lot of noise. Much better atmosphere than Scunthorpe, for example.
Seems to me that the absence of the Ultras block, has re-energised the rest of the stadium-they no longer wait to be led into cheering, chanting etc

Looked like a corner to me, but it was at the far end.
He said he didnt touch the ball. No way would the ball have gone the direction it did if he hadn't kicked it.... so take what he said with a pinch of salt.

He said he didnt touch the ball. No way would the ball have gone the direction it did if he hadn't kicked it.... so take what he said with a pinch of salt.
I'm just going by what I saw at the game, but my eyes aren't the best and it was at the far end. [emoji3]

Seems to me that the absence of the Ultras block, has re-energised the rest of the stadium-they no longer wait to be led into cheering, chanting etc
Not sure I agree. I think in games like today that are clearly big occasions the crowd can up themselves. It’s the more ‘nothing’ games that the ultras brought atmosphere to.

You know what it was a great assist from Simon Eastwood and Josh Ruffels and a great strike from Jamie Mackie, we won three points and I'm happy.

Also, it would be weird if goalkicks definitely could not be taken until an attacking player left the penalty area right? Presumably you could then be one up in stoppage time and just have one player standing in the area, preventing a quick goal kick?

Robinson picked an attacking side and had us going for it from the beginning. Good chances were created but not finished (is that down to the manager?) He then made changes around the right time to keep us pressing. Does he get any credit for this or is that not allowed?!

And, today showed more than ever how woeful some of the referring is at this level, so maybe Robinson has a point!

Also, Kashi looked decent and along with Sykes, Graham and Sinclair it looks like we had a fairly decent January window.

But I guess it's more important that he speaks eloquently on the radio for 2 minutes after every game!!!

“Never have I seen scenes like that at an Oxford game in 45 years of watching the U’s” - can’t have been at Charlton last year!

I was at the Valley and it was a great moment when Lego netted in the last minute but for sheer drama , chaos and confusion this was at the top of the list , probably.

This all happened after Bradford missed an open goal at 90+3 and seconds later we netted a deserved winner in a must win game.

Yes they’re pissed of but accept they were s**t, at least I don’t think I read anywhere that we cheated

Christ, think I've just about got my breath back... Voice is still a bit gone. Went nuts when Mackie slammed home and then spent five minutes of utter confusion, waiting for the scoreboard to change back to 0-0. Thank goodness it stayed as it was.

Performance wise today was pretty much there apart from some just woeful finishing. Agree with the comments that this can't be on Robbo. The problems today were about the mentality and having the stones to make the keeper work for it. Plenty of chances, effort and shots but too few between the sticks. Whyte and Henry both seemed to snatch at them and I'd pretty much resigned to a 0-0, being relieved that they didn't snatch it with their chance at the death... 30 seconds later it was all different of course.

Good performances - Kashi, Dickie, Nelse, Bran, Sinclair
Good but with some dodgy moments - fullbacks, Henry, Graham, Whyte, Browne
Awesome Performces - Mackie of course ??

How and why was the ref looking for some sort of intervention from the TV camera?! He needs to be reported, you cannot do that!

Back
Top Bottom