Away Match Day Thread 15/04/2022 L1: Fleetwood Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We absolutely fell apart after dominating the game at first.

A few players need to not be starting the next game - Stevens and Long among them.

Looking at the run in, I think it’s pretty much over now following Sunderland’s late winner. We have to beat MK and Rotherham as well as Doncaster as well as hoping we can catch one of either Sunderland (who are 4 points ahead with a game in hand) or Sheff Wed (who are 1 point ahead with 2 in hand) as well as catching Wycombe who are 4 pts ahead. Just can’t see that many points being dropped personally.

That second half was dreadful. Still in with a shout but I can't see Sunderland or Wycombe dropping out the play offs now. 3 more wins might not be enough which is crazy. 🙄

Pfew. Season in a nutshell, that.

Immense going forwards first half.
All over the place defensively for the last hour. That's 56 goals conceded now this season, with three games still to play. You can't expect to get promoted with that kind of record.
Horrible mistake from Stevens for the second goal.

Hope that Henry can recover from his bang in time to feature again this season. I'm not sure, the way things are going, whether he's going to be here next year and that would be a sad way to end a wonderful Oxford career.

Still, hope still alive, at least until Tuesday!

We absolutely fell apart after dominating the game at first.

A few players need to not be starting the next game - Stevens and Long among them.

I share your anxiety about Long's performance today - but whom are you replacing him with in a 6-pointer vs the Franchise on Tuesday?

Forde, Williams - or just a back 3? Seems a nerve-jangling time to be making such changes, although a rocket up Sam's a**e wouldn't go amiss.

Looking at the run in, I think it’s pretty much over now following Sunderland’s late winner. We have to beat MK and Rotherham as well as Doncaster as well as hoping we can catch one of either Sunderland (who are 4 points ahead with a game in hand) or Sheff Wed (who are 1 point ahead with 2 in hand) as well as catching Wycombe who are 4 pts ahead. Just can’t see that many points being dropped personally.
Factor in that Plymouth aren't certainties any more either - Sunderland, Wigan & MK to come for them

Bloody hell! That was stressful. Shame no change in our position, but we're still in our mathematically

Jack Stevens, Sam Long & Ciaron Brown we’re absolutely shocking.

No control from the off in the 2nd half but thank god we managed to win.

We will have to improve massively for Tuesday.

Sykes our best player.

that pitch was dreadful- and they watered the divots at HT, some of our midfielders went missing defensively (first 15 mins apart ) which allowed Fleetwood to capitalise

It’s weird to win today, have 72 points on the board with 3 games to go and know that you have little chance of even making the play offs. We wouldn’t win them if we got into them, to leaky at the back, but the high points total required was always going to be to much for this squad unfortunately.

Still it keeps the season alive for one more game.

Second half performances have started to fall apart recently. Why is that?

Three points but I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference to the season overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom