Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. let me get this right:

Wintle - reported symptoms Tues 29th, tested Weds 30th => "Postive, Present" => isolate for 7 days - clear on Weds 7th - played Sat 10th
Beckles - tested independently on Weds 30th because club weren't - travelled to Oxford on coach Sat 3rd - received result (Sat 3rd) => Positve, Absent => Re-test at 7 days (weds 7th) and at 10 days (Sat 10th) - clear to play once sat 10th negative result received - PLAYED Sat 10th.
Dale and Finney - Tested Mon 5th - received Positive results (Weds 7th?) => Positive, Absent? => Re-test at 7 (Weds 14) and ten days (Sat 17) - clear to return once these come back negative.
Rest of squad - should technically isolate while awaiting results from tests on Mon5th.

So, in that scenario, it appears that the issues are:
(i) Beckles not isolating while awaiting test results from first test and travelling to Oxford on sat 3rd and
(ii) Beckles playing on Sat 10th prior to receiving all clear from the 10 day test

(iii) Technically, game yesterday could have gone ahead as long as Dale and Finney did not travel and had isolated from the group since their positive results

PS - do the 7/10/14 day isolation periods start at date of the test or the date or the result?
Spot on, except Beckles did get his all clear before the Wigan game. It came on the day itself, hence he was a late addition to the squad.

Edit. Beckles got his 10 day test on the Friday. You count the day of the initial test as day 1.

Its interesting how both clubs have 'ITK' fans who have all this information yet the clubs haven't put a statement out. Maybe they are waiting for all the information to appear on the respective forums before they decide which story looks most believable

Sounds like you know what happened crewe. Strange that your club havent been honest about it with the media. And turning up at our stadium with potentially infected players is an absolute disgrace. With Covid honesty and common sense is vital to help curb the god dammed virus.

Its interesting how both clubs have 'ITK' fans who have all this information yet the clubs haven't put a statement out. Maybe they are waiting for all the information to appear on the respective forums before they decide which story looks most believable
Crewe won’t be putting any statement out other than what they have already said

Crewe won’t be putting any statement out other than what they have already said

Would it not benefit Crewe (in terms of helping fans/clubs etc understand) to point out the same points as you have?
Or are they assuming the EFL may address them.

What you've provided, assuming it is correct, is very helpful for understanding this fiasco.

Funny how all the conspiracy theorists assume the Wigan game was a much easier one than against us, despite them having more points and having won two consecutive games going into it.

It’s a public health crisis, not some weird attempt from Crewe to avoid the mighty yellows.

Would it not benefit Crewe (in terms of helping fans/clubs etc understand) to point out the same points as you have?
Or are they assuming the EFL may address them.

What you've provided, assuming it is correct, is very helpful for understanding this fiasco.

Last edited:
Are the Football League allowed to shut out PHE? If instead of working with them to get some regulations in place that all clubs have to follow they are just burying their head in the sand then they are not fit for purpose, absolute shambles of an organisation, maybe that’s why the chairman is trying to give up running the organisation to Man U and Liverpool.

Does explain the weird silence over this though.

Are the Football League allowed to shut out PHE? If instead of working with them to get some regulations in place that all clubs have to follow they are just burying their head in the sand then they are not fit for purpose, absolute shambles of an organisation, maybe that’s why the chairman is trying to give up running the organisation to Man U and Liverpool.

Does explain the weird silence over this though.
I think ‘getting involved’ means shutting it down. I have not asked any follow up questions because it’s like getting blood out of a stone from this person, so I am really unsure what they meant.

I am currently self isolating after a family member tested positive for covid. I didn't have direct contact with them but my children did. My children are also self isolating but are not showing symptoms.

Having been contacted 3 times by track and trace I was told 3 times if I test positive I need to self isolate for 10 days from the day of the positive test.

I tested negative but still have to self isolate despite not having direct contact with my family member. The rules state I need to self isolate for 14 days from their symptoms starting.

I am unable to leave my house until Saturday, so the situation with the Crewe players who had positive tests make no sense at all. Something isn't right here.

I am currently self isolating after a family member tested positive for covid. I didn't have direct contact with them but my children did. My children are also self isolating but are not showing symptoms.

Having been contacted 3 times by track and trace I was told 3 times if I test positive I need to self isolate for 10 days from the day of the positive test.

I tested negative but still have to self isolate despite not having direct contact with my family member. The rules state I need to self isolate for 14 days from their symptoms starting.

I am unable to leave my house until Saturday, so the situation with the Crewe players who had positive tests make no sense at all. Something isn't right here.
Yes, so the isolation period starts from the day they took their tests, which was Wednesday 30th September. And because they tested positive, their 11th day was the day of the Wigan game, meaning they could play.

I was told I need to self isolate from 10 days of receiving the positive test, not the day I took the test.

These are track and trace volunteers and I don't think I actually needed to be told to self isolate but they did say 10 days from the test results.

Am I missing something here, surely all the squad who travelled down tues with a positive corona should have been isolating for 14 days anyway ? Even a negative test the next day the virus could still show up within that time frame? EFL got this very wrong I'm thinking.

But my mates flatmate who tested positive for Covid, only had to isolate from the day she started to show symptoms, and not the day of her test?
Yes, so the isolation period starts from the day they took their tests, which was Wednesday 30th September. And because they tested positive, their 11th day was the day of the Wigan game, meaning they could play.

That's the official guidance but I was actually told different.

Having been in the middle of this, the confusion and contradictory advice makes it quite stressful and difficult to think clearly.

But my mates flatmate who tested positive for Covid, only had to isolate from the day she started to show symptoms, and not the day of her test?

The NHS website says this - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/ -

"

Self-isolate for at least 10 days​

You must self-isolate for at least 10 days if:

• you have symptoms of coronavirus and you tested positive, had an unclear result or did not have a test
  • you tested positive but have not had symptoms
If you have symptoms, the 10 days starts from when they started.
If you have not had symptoms, the 10 days starts from when you had the test. But if you get symptoms after your test, self-isolate for a further 10 days from when your symptoms start."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom