Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up Crewe, you're giving the rest of us some well-needed respite :)
Maybe not on the 7 days but you keep implying he isolated which 3 days isn’t the period as regard being private you still have to isolate until your result. But no doubt Artell will brush it under the carpet, but will the EFL probably but we will see.

Technically he didn’t have to because it was a private test. However I agree, he should have self isolated

Ok. One more go. I think you may be referring to my explanation, or certainly my understanding, of Beckles not being in isolation for all of the 10 days (not sure where you are getting 7 from, defo no idea where you have got 3 from).

So, Beckles, as far as I was told, got his test privately on Wednesday 30th September. He did not self isolate because he had no symptoms (stupid of him IMO). Test came back on the Saturday of the first PP. Positive. He goes into isolation. But because of the law (call it a loophole like the Aussie did if you wish) he only had to isolate until 10 days after his initial test. The 10th day was Friday 9th October. Meaning legally he was allowed to return to his place of work on Saturday 10th October.
Regarding him appearing in the 13th minute a Wigan I will leave that to Wigan to sort
But I think we all want to know what the PHE said to cancel Tuesdays game and can you tell me did Crewe travel Tuesday to
Oxford for the game?

Ok. One more go. I think you may be referring to my explanation, or certainly my understanding, of Beckles not being in isolation for all of the 10 days (not sure where you are getting 7 from, defo no idea where you have got 3 from).

So, Beckles, as far as I was told, got his test privately on Wednesday 30th September. He did not self isolate because he had no symptoms (stupid of him IMO). Test came back on the Saturday of the first PP. Positive. He goes into isolation. But because of the law (call it a loophole like the Aussie did if you wish) he only had to isolate until 10 days after his initial test. The 10th day was Friday 9th October. Meaning legally he was allowed to return to his place of work on Saturday 10th October.
Seven days i stage first isolation followed by a 2nd test which could result in a further 3 days total 10. You said Beclles Isolated from the data of his test 30th September but travelled on the 2nd so theee days isolation.

Beckles should be disciplined big
Time sackable offence at most companies
Not really. He didn't have any symptoms so was under no obligation to test. His exposure was exactly the same as the rest of the squad who had been around Wintle. If he hadn't tested things could have been a while lot worse.

Not really. He didn't have any symptoms so was under no obligation to test. His exposure was exactly the same as the rest of the squad who had been around Wintle. If he hadn't tested things could have been a while lot worse.
No he didn’t and wasn’t obliged to test but it’s says if someone in your household Shows symptoms which his child did you are advised to get a test which obviously Beckles did which was sensible and very mature of him to have a test, where he went wrong was he had a rest and as per the guidelines you are to self isolate for 7!days even if your test comes back negative as your household member who is showing symptoms could have the virus, but he chose not to tell Crewe which was very unprofessional of him especially as his results came back positive and then and only them did he make it known which is gross misconduct at the very least and bringing you club into disrepute.

No he didn’t and wasn’t obliged to test but it’s says if someone in your household Shows symptoms which his child did you are advised to get a test which obviously Beckles did which was sensible and very mature of him to have a test, where he went wrong was he had a rest and as per the guidelines you are to self isolate for 7!days even if your test comes back negative as your household member who is showing symptoms could have the virus, but he chose not to tell Crewe which was very unprofessional of him especially as his results came back positive and then and only them did he make it known which is gross misconduct at the very least and bringing you club into disrepute.
Omar Beckles is not Ryan Wintle’s father.

No one in his household had Covid symptoms. He tested because his team mate had Covid and he was concerned about passing it on to his wife/kid.

No one in his household had Covid symptoms. He tested because his team mate had Covid and he was concerned about passing it on to his wife/kid.
Ok then I stand corrected but he still didn’t isolate form10 days

This thread is becoming like one of Dante's rings of hell. How do I get out?????

I just scared the dog laughing at that.

Bazzer.....you’re letting him off the hook. He’s still not answered your question about the 7 days. It’s almost like he’s mocking you and oxford United with this arrogant dismissal of your inquiries

I think I've nearly got it this time, once more to be sure?

Ok then I stand corrected but he still didn’t isolate form10 days

No he didn't Bazzer, you're right.

The 10 day isolation period would have started from the test date though. (Had it been NHS)

I'd imagine he started isolating upon receiving the positive test. (Once he got safely home!)

There would have been no point isolating for 10 days from the result.

There is no legal requirement to self-isolate after you've had a private test. (The morality of this is a different question)

The 10 day isolation period would have started from the test date though. (Had it been NHS)

I'd imagine he started isolating upon receiving the positive test. (Once he got safely home!)

There is no legal requirement to self-isolate after you've had a private test. (The morality of this is a different question)

The 8 day period starts from the point in time he thinks he may have it depending on legal jurisdiction and the funding source for the test

Regarding him appearing in the 13th minute a Wigan I will leave that to Wigan to sort
But I think we all want to know what the PHE said to cancel Tuesdays game and can you tell me did Crewe travel Tuesday to
Oxford for the game?

If indeed such a conversation ever took place. As I said before, if it did why didn't Crewe simply say "following advice from PHE we have had to inform the EFL that we will not be able to fulfill this fixture ..."? I had another quick google around again today, but still can't find any mention of PHEs involvement (but am happy to be proved wrong). Replying that the EFL wanted to keep it quiet is just another conveniently unverifiable get out of jail free card.

Anyway congrats to @Crewe, you must have set some kind of record for the greatest number of posts in two days for a new member - well done!

I thought it was mandatory again I’m mistaken and I apologise to anyone offended by my insistence that you had to.
as regard morality of course you would or at least should. Now Listening to the labour MP for Manchester Andy Burnham is refusing to abide with tier 3 so he’s putting More of his people at risk because of covid this in a small way is similar to what Beckles did by travelling with the team.

Last edited:
If indeed such a conversation ever took place. As I said before, if it did why didn't Crewe simply say "following advice from PHE we have had to inform the EFL that we will not be able to fulfill this fixture ..."? I had another quick google around again today, but still can't find any mention of PHEs involvement (but am happy to be proved wrong). Replying that the EFL wanted to keep it quiet is just another conveniently unverifiable get out of jail free card.

Anyway congrats to @Crewe, you must have set some kind of record for the greatest number of posts in two days for a new member - well done!
Thanks.

And in regards to replying that the EFL wanted to keep it quiet. Yes you are right, it is very convenient and easy for me to say that. However, that is what I was told. So I cannot do anything other than state what was said to me. I sent all screenshots of what I was told to one of your moderators before, so I am sure he will be happy to confirm.

Thanks.

And in regards to replying that the EFL wanted to keep it quiet. Yes you are right, it is very convenient and easy for me to say that. However, that is what I was told. So I cannot do anything other than state what was said to me. I sent all screenshots of what I was told to one of your moderators before, so I am sure he will be happy to confirm.
So did you get told by the bloke down the pub as to why the PHE said the game shouldn’t go ahead? I may have missed it if you knew and passed it on for us to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom