Home Match Build Up 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GK5vTYTXsAALhC2

Would be foolish of Peterborough not to send their Β£5m+ winger at Long at every opportunity, particularly when his 1vs1 defending can often look like an aging dog trying to trap a bumble bee.

Would be equally foolish for us to pretend that won’t work and do nothing about it. Fortunately Dale is a willing runner, but is that the answer when our wingers are our preferred attacking outlet? And then you need an eye on Burrows.

Reality is it’s a mismatch down that side and I’m not sure we’ve got the defensive qualities to squash it. Attack is our best form of defence here, I think.

πŸ˜‚. My 1st laugh of the day.

Hopefully we will sign a few new puppies in the summer.

Sam Long was born on 16th January 1995.

At 3pm on 13th April 2024, he's going to be reborn as The Bicester Cafu. Burrows and Mason-Clark will be queuing up to get subbed off at half time.

Games like tomorrow are what football is all about.

Matching or bettering Lincoln's result tomorrow is key for me. That puts the pressure on then for Tuesday.

Matching or bettering Lincoln's result tomorrow is key for me. That puts the pressure on then for Tuesday.
I agree although we need to win one of the next 2 games or risk Blackpool coming into the equatuon.

I love this. Third most goals! I told you it had been a good few years, with the exception of last season. Yet still you get snowflakes sulking and saying they won’t renew their season tickets
The most impressive one on that list is Leicester City, considering they have been in the EPL for 4 of those 5 seasons facing a higher standard of opposition and also playing 8 games a season fewer.

How many games have we won this season without Moore? Feel his loss would be bigger than brannagan.

Moore has been missing from the starting XI on 4 occasions, Brannagan on 3 (different) occasions.

The combined record is:
P7 W0 D3 L4.

(and one of the draws was Wycombe - when Brannagan himself came off the bench to rescue a point).

By my reckoning, the last time we won a League One match without either Brannagan or Moore in the starting line up was vs Southend - in November 2019.

However, Moore came off the bench that day.

I don't believe we've actually won a League match in the almost 5 years they've been together at the club, without either of them featuring in some capacity.

In all honesty, if there is any doubt whatsoever should we risk them on Saturday?

Much rather have them for Lincoln instead of bring them back too early and do more damage.

Lets hope they will be fine πŸ™
They were supposed to be training on the grass today so depends if without any issues doesn't it-

In all honesty, if there is any doubt whatsoever should we risk them on Saturday?

Much rather have them for Lincoln instead of bring them back too early and do more damage.

Lets hope they will be fine πŸ™
Agreed, if there’s any risk I’d be tempted to rest both Saturday and give them a couple more days to recover before the big one - Lincoln.

They were supposed to be training on the grass today so depends if without any issues doesn't it-

With how dangerous our grass has proved over the last 5 years is there not the side of an erupting Volcano they can train on to be a bit safer?

OM article says they trained yesterday, so unless they have any adverse effects today, it sounds like they’ll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom