Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/04/2019 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon Match Day Thread +++

Oh yeah, s**t! Forgot about that. Kashi will be a big loss. Mous well rested and Whyte and Graham as back up for Browne ain’t too shabby.
I hope we start off with a strong line up and bring on a few kids later on.
Tonnes of momentum with the squad after the last few games so 2 or 3 nil winners.

EDIT won’t be easy tho. They’re on a good run too.
U18s are playing tomorrow morning ( home to Yeovil U18s) only a few more games to go- all which clash with first team games, albeit not over Easer weekend, and theyre top of their league (again)currently so an important few games for U18s coming up .... maybe an U23 or two will make the squad/ bench tomorrow?

btw Im not picking on ya @Shaun Rice ;)

We're ahead of them on goal difference in the League One form table (with both of us occupying playoff places, behind only Charlton, Pompey and Burton).

So should be a good game. Our recent success has been built on the outstanding play of the back seven (i.e. Eastwood, the back four, and the two CMs) - so keep them intact with just the enforced change of Mousinho for Kashi.

In terms of the front four spots...…..no idea, really. They've all been maddeningly inconsistent.

The only worry I have is that they are still fighting for their lives and we are (supposedly) safe now. Motivation could be a problem!

Last edited:
Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Sykes Brannagan
Whyte Mackie Garbutt

Bench: Stevens, Hanson, Graham, Carruthers, Henry, Sinclair, young lad

Think that's about everyone who is available isn't it?

Last edited:
Dirty game instigated by the Wimbles many cards and I’ve had a few thus week for my birthday and the wife got more than me 2 days later anyway back to business we should win this busy what score I can’t call, play like we did in the last couple of games then a comfortable win, play like we did against the Covpots and the tangerines the we will beat the Wimbles in the last 10 and nailbit le till the wistle.

Dirty game instigated by the Wimbles many cards and I’ve had a few thus week for my birthday and the wife got more than me 2 days later anyway back to business we should win this busy what score I can’t call, play like we did in the last couple of games then a comfortable win, play like we did against the Covpots and the tangerines the we will beat the Wimbles in the last 10 and nailbit le till the wistle.
You have a vibe with words bazzer, and I tend to agree with your subtle assertions.?

Well the pressure is off on our side and I like to think that we will at last be able to play with the freedom that has been denied us for almost all of this season.
Unburdened by the pressure of relegation, I hope that all of the players decide to play to their latent potential.
Yes Mr Whyte, I mean you!!
3-1 and two for Gavin.

U18s are playing tomorrow morning ( home to Yeovil U18s) only a few more games to go- all which clash with first team games, albeit not over Easer weekend, and theyre top of their league (again)currently so an important few games for U18s coming up .... maybe an U23 or two will make the squad/ bench tomorrow?

btw Im not picking on ya @Shaun Rice ;)

LMFAO ??? I think if I suggested KR’s s**t stinks a few on here would accuse me of being negative towards him. Stating they know for a fact it smells like fresh cut grass on a summer afternoon.

It’s funny because I really don’t think I’ve been anything but honest and actually not really that critical. Many others have been far more critical. But hay ho.

I hope a couple of under 23’s make the bench at least. Hopefully we are comfortable and they get some minutes.

Id like to see Smith too.

Win tomorrow and I would be tempted to drop those players who won't be here next season for the remaining games. It would be good for players who actually will be here in August to get some time playing together in competitive matches and might emphasise to the manager the areas we need to strengthen.

I think Wombledon are going down this season, so: Oxford United 5 (Sinclair 2 Mous, Ruffles, Whyte) Wimbledon't 1 Att: 7090 and 656 away Womblers. Straight forward thrashing, with a few off-the-ball eye-openers, that catch my attention. Nelson will come out onto the pitch, giving Ruffles a piggy-back. They will get into a fight over this, because Nelson wanted to get on Ruffles's back. The scoreboard will malfunction, showing a film called 'The sex lives of the potato men'. One of the Wimbledon fans will bring a bloody drum to the game. A dog will run onto the pitch. Tiger will be spotted in the directors' box sporting one of those mechanical bow-ties that spin round and round. The referee (Mr. S. Crotum) will be the centre of attention, having booked 8 of their players and sending off Ruffles late in the game. A mis-guided and over-sexed owl will land in the directors' box. It won't do anything interesting. Eastwood will dislocate all five of his fingers, punching the air when we score our fifth goal. He will continue in goal, because Wimbledon are that crap. KR will have a massive grin on his face all through the game, knowing that he has kept us up. Well done him. Their manager will get the sack after the game. He will literally get the sack to collect their practise balls up after the game, having been demoted to ball-boy. The only bad news is that Nelson will fracture his clavicle and Whyte will break his coccyx during the second half. That just about does it for me. COYY

Does Mackie play against his old club tomorrow? Or not. Do the Wimbledon fans lose their nut over Gobbo again?

Regardless, I hope we bin them off quickly.

Back
Top Bottom