Current Player #12 Joe Bennett

Oops. Bennett seems like the least two-footed player I've watched for some time. He's a solid left back whose primary defect is that he seems to be unable to pass forward with his wrong foot, if he's got to turn inside he always plays it back with his left. My implication was that he's even more unsuitable than most dedicated left backs to shift across.

Hanson may have been equally comfortable on both sides of the pitch but he was equally inept on both too. I'm not claiming that there are no players capable of playing either side but I doubt you'll see them in division 3.

Think the only one I’ve seen this season is Vincent Young at Wycombe, he’s decent with both feet.

Have you ever seen him kick the ball with his right foot?
It’s got to be better than someone with two left feet…

Someone needs to answer the call at right back because if it doesn’t hurt us in the race for play offs, you can be damn sure it’ll be targeted as a way to knock us out of them.

Lots of our fans don't "loathe" Sam Long, that's a load of sh*t.
They are, however, concerned about his ongoing form, and the fact that his replacement also hasn't set the world on fire.
Regarding Bennett, if Leigh continues his poor form since his return it's a no-brainer to make the change. Whether you'd put Leigh further forward or use him off the bench is a different matter.
I don't want to make it seem like I'm not in the same camp as you, I don't think Long is up to it either. I just meant not thinking Long is up to it doesn't necessarily mean we should try Joe Bennett at RB.

Back
Top Bottom