Current Player #12 Joe Bennett

I have no idea how good a player this chap is, but obviously the recruitment bods think he can do a job for us. Given that, it seems like a sensible (and speedy!) signing although it does rather make me fear for how serious Leigh's injury is.

Welcome Joe and good luck

Yes welcome, reading that ,I get the impression Leigh will be out for some time.???

McEachran has competition for shiniest teeth in the squad now.

I suspect that the rumours that Leigh will be out for longer than liked have made us go for this signing.

Welcome, Joe Bennett.

Welcome Joe. I hope your time with us benefits us and you, whether that is a further contract with us or with another club.

Yes welcome, reading that ,I get the impression Leigh will be out for some time.???
That's the fear but anytime he isn't available, Brown has to play there as we have no one else. Not only do you lose him at CB but he always has to play. You do need to rest Brown sometime and it's mentioned Bennett will play next the trophy next week. Just the sort of game you'd probably like to rest Brown, so hoping it's nothing serious for Leigh.

Last edited:
On the face of it seems like a sensible signing. Adds a bit of experience that the squad needs, and also another option at left back.

If Leigh is out even for a short while, it does limit our options with Brown as he would have to play at LB if Leigh was out and not CB.

Damn, is nobody ITK anymore?!! 🤣
I thought you would of known from the horses mouth..
That's the fear but anytime he isn't available, Brown has to play there as we have no one else. Not only do you lose him at CB but he always has to play. You do need to rest Brown sometime and it's mentioned Bennett will play next the trophy next week. Just the sort of game you'd probably like to rest Brown, so hoping it's nothing seriously for Leigh.
I get your point , but isn't the trophy perfect for a youngster to blood??

I like this. I don’t know anything about Bennett but suggests as many have said that Greg Leigh will be out for longer and/or that Des wants Ciaron Brown as the main CB with Moore rather than covering at LB. Smart management I think, and quick move by the club.

I have no idea how good a player this chap is, but obviously the recruitment bods think he can do a job for us. Given that, it seems like a sensible (and speedy!) signing although it does rather make me fear for how serious Leigh's injury is.

I’d liken him to Garbutt

That's a shot out of the blue! As others have intimated, does not bode well for Greg Leigh. Or, perhaps the opportunity to add cover to the squad was too tempting to pass up this opportunity.
I hope Joe is fit and ready to start. Perhaps a run out on Saturday or, the Tuesday at Forest Green?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom