Ex Player Joe Rothwell

I am surprised that Blackburn want Rothwell. Jack Payne was a bit part player for them,usually starting on the bench.
If Payne can't get in a Blackburn League 1 side,how is Rothwell going to get into a Championship side.

If say Sunderland /Barnsley came after him then maybe ,but I'm not sure he's proved himself at this level yet.Good on his day but also injury prone.

Rothwell said when he came to the club we were a stepping stone for him so no wonder he has moved on.

Football is a short career so I don’t blame him trying to earn as much as he can while it lasts. Ask all the players that have to retire in their 20’s who only know football!

Problem we’ve got though is how are we ever going to progress as a football club if we keep selling 2-3 of our best core players every season, Oxford United is altimatley all I care about.

By reverting to the model that got us out of league 2. Bring in young premier league players who want to do well to get a big move and sell at a profit.

So not only must we develop our young players we should be looking more south for players rather than north, if we can snaffle players from Birmingham down to the south coast then perhaps more might stay.
I think our scouting system has had a bias towards the NW, maybe Faz, maybe Mapp, maybe D Jones, but rarely a player from down south.

Obviously had natural ability, but I've never rated him as much as others. Didn't seem to want to play out wide and I'd rather have Henry at no.10. Can't see him playing much for Blackburn unfortunately, but can see why he's gone there (money+northern). All the best to him anyway

Hopefully one positive to losing Ledson and Rothwell is Brannagan can now play as the centre midfielder that he and not a Defensive one.

Hopefully Tiger has had/has his cheque book out.

Disappointing, but not surprising.

Probably our most technically gifted player over the last couple of seasons, but never really hit the heights that were expected of him.

If he can stay fit and find a way to get a chance in Blackburn's team in his preferred position, I think he'll do well.

I think we probably signed his replacement on loan yesterday

Maybe in terms of position, but by my count we have three definitive central midfielders in the squad. So we need to replace Ledson, if you'd prefer that.

I think we probably signed his replacement on loan yesterday

Maybe in terms of position, but by my count we have three definitive central midfielders in the squad. So we need to replace Ledson, if you'd prefer that.

If we’re going to play that formation then yes Definitely. A holding midfielder. Unless Carroll steps up to the role mapp always said was his best. Although I don’t think anyone has taken pekalski off our hands yet [emoji6]

I can see people’s frustrations with him but he had talent. At home to Bradford he was outstanding but no doubt injuries hampered his progress with us. Good luck to him but I don’t think he is Championship quality yet.

Not fussed. A succession of managers didn’t know where best to play him. And he was never a regular. In the champ the step up is huge. I don’t seem him making it at this stage

Back
Top Bottom