Away Match Build Up 12/12/2023 L1: Reading v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage supporters will never forget the plastics mocking our club as they cruised to an easy victory at Stalag Luft Manor in 2000/2001.

If those who were there in 2000/2001 are described as "Vintage Supporters" then I'd hate to think how those of us who went to Reading games in the 80's are described!

A great game to unite us all on and off the pitch, and one that I'm sure we'll win to get us back on track.

Vintage supporters will never forget the plastics mocking our club as they cruised to an easy victory at Stalag Luft Manor in 2000/2001.

AGAIN WE’LL NEVER PLAY YOU AGAIN etc ad nauseam.

They were on the way to the promised land
of eighth game on MOTD; we were on our way to Phil Trainer.

I won’t be satisfied with less than a three goal victory and Buckingham planting an OUFC flag in their centre circle post-match.

Let’s destroy them.
If those who were there in 2000/2001 are described as "Vintage Supporters" then I'd hate to think how those of us who went to Reading games in the 80's are described!

A great game to unite us all on and off the pitch, and one that I'm sure we'll win to get us back on track.

Went to those as well. What about a game at Elm Park when originally standing on an open terrace , we all ran onto the pitch to avoid the torrential rain and steamed into the Reading covered end? We were losing of course. Was it c 1980?

Times were er… different.

In fact my first ever game was a 2-1 away win at Reading in 1967.

This has a different history from that stroll through the manky industrial estate in
Buckinghamshire .

Last edited:

....and the 60's and 70's!

....and the 60's and 70's!

I got called old for reminiscing about stuff from the 90s on here the other day so if you can remember the 60s you must be ancient.

Wonder what the earliest year of a game anyone one on here went to, don’t think my 86 is cutting it.

I got called old for reminiscing about stuff from the 90s on here the other day so if you can remember the 60s you must be ancient.

Wonder what the earliest year of a game anyone one on here went to, don’t think my 86 is cutting it.
Bloody 86 😂😂 mine was probably 95-96 season.... You're old. I wonder what the average age of people on this forum is

As for tomorrow I'm predicting 0-1 in a scrappy game my team would be
Beadle
Stevens Moore brown Bennett
Maguane branagan
Goodrham Rodriguez Murphy
Bodin

Quick question ref getting a beer as driving from Northampton! Where will most be drinking as We were thinking of parking at didcot and having a beer there, then getting train to ground - Will anyone else do that or will most drink in Reading?

Nothing but a win for us tomorrow is acceptable.

If this is not achieved then make Des and the whole squad walk back to Oxfordshire!

I hate those Plastics more than the Scum.

My first game was at Weymouth in 1953. We lost, not that I was bothered. Just loved being at a football match. And the train ride.
My dad was a bit upset, but he had a great ride back on the supporters train. Mum wasn't too happy because she had to look after me while he was helping his mates empty a crate of beer.
Not much changed really. 😊

lots of tickets seem to be changing hands on social media tonight and a good number seem to be in the home end !!!
Up the Manor

It's going to be fairly mild tomorrow evening so hopefully Des won't have his hands in his pockets all night. Let's give the Biscuits a good spanking.

I don’t care about the performance tomorrow, just to beat the biscuit men to put another nail in their coffin would be nice.

Karma is a bitch and I’m loving their latest downfall.

Matt Murphy? His scoring record was great, he got 19 or 20 from midfield one season - it was more that he wasn't otherwise a very good player.

His dad used to go to every away game, sat among us in the away end, usually on the periphery, always on his own.

Was proper awkward whenever the 'f**king useless Murphy' shouts started up as he just sat, stoicly, staring ahead.

Matt Murphy was a far better player for us than most ever give credit for. A valuable squad player when we were successful, and someone who stuck it out and gave everything when we slipped back down.

Readings team on paper isn’t bad. We’d have Smith up front given a choice and he’s always got a goal in him.

Matt Murphy was a far better player for us than most ever give credit for. A valuable squad player when we were successful, and someone who stuck it out and gave everything when we slipped back down.
He can’t have been bad as he was with us a long time. I mainly just remember his finishing and him not really catching the eye much otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom