Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/02/20 Burton Albion v OUFC +++

Three days to recover after a mauling in which we looked as if we were running on empty?

I'd be OK with a point.

question on I Follow. Looks like it is £10 to watch the game. Is this only on mobile phone / tablet? Or can I watch via smart TV?

question on I Follow. Looks like it is £10 to watch the game. Is this only on mobile phone / tablet? Or can I watch via smart TV?

I’ve heard on here that it doesn’t work on Smart TV (don’t take that as gospel) but you can have it on a laptop then plug it into the TV

I'm backing us to bounce back. We'll concede, but come through a nervy 2-1 win. We could do with Taylor getting a goal soon, but I'd be tempted to give Agyei a chance.

I’ve heard on here that it doesn’t work on Smart TV (don’t take that as gospel) but you can have it on a laptop then plug it into the TV
Yes, that is right. Tried for hours one day to get it working!
HDMI to HDMI cable from laptop works for us although, the quality is far from HD!

Question - I’m out in Lanzarote and subscribe to iFollow. Will I have to pay £10 despite the fact I already subscribe and should get it for free overseas? Also, will I have to make any changes to my account or should it just work as normal?

Question - I’m out in Lanzarote and subscribe to iFollow. Will I have to pay £10 despite the fact I already subscribe and should get it for free overseas? Also, will I have to make any changes to my account or should it just work as normal?

Should work without any changes. Log in a good 30 minutes before ko to make sure they accept your new IP address. I had no problems in Portugal last year. But they don't like VPN links.

You will not get it for free. To watch matches live you need to buy the match pass.

Why have we got this match, 2nd Tuesday in February on a freezing mid-week cold night? Well, the Premiership teams (who have buggered off in to the sunshine) ambushed the JPT/Checkatrade/Leasing.com trophy resulting in group matches and an extra 3 matches in that competition taking up important mid-week slots in Sept/Oct/Nov, that could have been used for league matches avoiding this game being scheduled now.
That's actually a really good point that I didn't hear made anywhere in the Premiership Replay Whining Debacle of a couple of weeks ago. And to add insult to injury we get fined if we play OUR youth teams in that!

But yes no point reopening old wounds etc. COYY let's smash Burton tonight.

I think some of our current injuries will force us to load midfield, which might not be a bad thing against Burton. It was their midfield that overran ours last time round and enabled them to dominate the game. We can now do the same to them.

I would go with a 4-5-1 system, but giving the two wider players the chance to push forward into a more usual 4-3-3.

I wouldn't change the back four, unless it's Moore for Mous. I know Long isn't everyone's cuppa, but putting Hanson there instead would be disastrous!

Midfield, Brannagan has a point to prove and generally comes back well after a poor game. But then I would use two from Gorrin, Thorne and Kelly to add real bite. My wider players would be Holland on the left, and either Henry or Sykes on the right. Sykes has been fantastic in recent weeks, and should be the first name on the team sheet. But Henry offers something different and would almost allow him to drift into the no.10 role where he's at his most dangerous.

Upfront, Taylor. He hasn't been at his best for a while, but needs a run of games (if physically able) to get back in the goals. I'm in a very small minority of those who think Mackie has a role to play, but with it likely to be a game with few chances, we need our most natural goal scorer on the pitch.

The subs will then depend on how the game develops. Take a lead and we need discipline, go behind and we go for broke with the likes of Ageyi and Sykes if he doesn't start.

Quietly confident that we'll win 2 nil, with a scrappy opener from Taylor and a later strike from Brannagan.

coyy we better play a lot better than Saturday otherwise we can kiss goodbye to any chance of promotion

I'm hopeful that Sunday's team talk has cleared the air and things will improve tonight. 1-0 to us, Ruffels to score early.

Back
Top Bottom