Home Match Day Thread +++ 20/08/2019 L1: OUFC vs Burton Albion+++

Probably yes, but it always seems to be the one area Kr refered to in terms of what we are lacking, pace coming in from the wing.
Budget spent then, he has what he could only have dreamed of having last season. A hammering at hom from a mid table team at best is simply not good enough. Let’s see how Rovers goes.
Mmm hammering Nissan overstatement in my view.
Pretty even first half and 15 minutes into the second we were probably deservedly winning.
Their third was a big deflection and then we went for broke and were caught out a number of times.
Burton deserved to win but even Clough wouldn't describe it as a hammering I would have thought.

i need to attend specsavers as i'm sure just a couple of days ago i read on here that we now have a strong squad and some quality players yet after we lose a game of football, the ability of some of those players is now being questioned.

It’s not the ability of our players that should be questioned. It’s the quality of Burtons. Our midfield, that has been so effective in the last few matches, was out fought and out classed.
I thought Fraser was excellent not just for the goals. We lacked that edge Fosu was giving us to drive us forward. Their midfield did exactly that.
Fair play to KR after the game. Going 442 against a team that’s overpowering your midfield is suicide.
The real test will be if that’s all that teams need to do to stop us playing. I would feel much better if a team packs the midfield and we still boss them.

Pretty even first half and 15 minutes into the second we were probably deservedly winning.
Their third was a big deflection and then we went for broke and were caught out a number of times.
Burton deserved to win but even Clough wouldn't describe it as a hammering I would have thought.
I thought we were on the back foot most of the game, Burton were far better than us all over the pitch, we had a purple patch of 10 minutes after half time, I said then we would be lucky to come out of the match with a draw given their overall superiority.
our midfield was over ran, we backed off too often and gave them the intensive to attack us, they were good we were poor not the best advert for our great squad on paper, it might take a little longer to get this team playing as a unit and in this situation going for a draw might be prudent, results are going the same way as last season regardless what names are on the team sheet.

We will do okay.
It doesn’t do too much harm to come down a peg or two.
We cannot and will not win every game or play breathlessly brilliant in all matches.
Burton were good on the night and we were not so good as them ‘On the night.’
s**t happens. Burton won’t play as well as that all season long.
Form and fitness will see to that.

As for us, We will continue to improve as the season progresses, the signs are there already that we are a f*****g good side and if you think that we were good late last year, you cannot deny that we have drafted in some serious talent to add to it.
Patience is the key, there will be bumps in the road, but let’s not throw a hissy fit because we lost. Yes, you, the dickwad in the north stand hurling abuse at Brannagan.
This squad will deliver. You can see it is coming.
There is a whole smorgasbord of treats to come from this team, I can feel it.
So relax, breathe.... we will do well.

A defeats a defeat, 2-4 at home made worse by how well they had played until that point this season. 2-4 I would use the word hammered, especially as it was at home.
I still think we can go to Rovers and pick up 3 points, though loaning syks out, I believe, is the wrong decision, knowing how much he brings to the team.

Back
Top Bottom