Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/02/20 Burton Albion v OUFC +++

OUFCwaffle

A very tough fixture right after a heavy defeat at the Posh. This will signify how mentally and physically strong we are and if we really have it in the bag to push for promotion.

2-2 Agyei and Holland

hard fought game, with Agyei scoring a brace in a 2-1 away win , the winner (nicking all 3points) coming in time added on

We will see a better performance ,but as they showed at our place they are big and strong.

If we don’t score first we will lose.

Going for 2 1 defeat

Must win game imo. Absolutely essential that we pick up the 'easier' points this month with some of the games against teams at the top of the table who are bang in form. That said, I think we'll get what would in isolation be a creditable draw, but here wont be enough and very frustrating.

I don't go in for predicting the score beforehand because if I did especially after Saturday I would of no doubt ran myself over with my next door neighbours 4 by 4. However, after parting with well over a ton in cash on Saturday with fuel costs, ticket's and some food and no doubt much the same again for tomorrow + finishing early (self employed) I'm hoping for a bit of Sarge's inspiration as above- but FFS not leaving it that late you cheeky f*cker... although tbh if it did happen that way I will definitely be licking the windows of my mates car and his ears all the way back. He is a lucky geezer.

Coyy's.

Why have we got this match, 2nd Tuesday in February on a freezing mid-week cold night? Well, the Premiership teams (who have buggered off in to the sunshine) ambushed the JPT/Checkatrade/Leasing.com trophy resulting in group matches and an extra 3 matches in that competition taking up important mid-week slots in Sept/Oct/Nov, that could have been used for league matches avoiding this game being scheduled now.

We really do need to take all 3 points to prevent dropping into mid table mediocrity, which would be unacceptable after being so close to the top three places.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes, Henry, Thorne, Holland
Agyei

SUBS: Mackie, Taylor, Brannagan, Kelly, Mous, Hanson, Stevens

Something clearly needs to change, things need freshening up.

Brannagan's clearly not match fit, and needs a rest, and with so many games this month, and most of the squad struggling with injuries and fatigue at the moment, we don't really have a choice but to rotate the squad.

Moore has been excellent in his last several appearances, and Mous had a poor game on Saturday, so give Moore the chance he deserves, and give Mous a rest.

Time for Thorne to step up and show how good he is.

Agyei deserves his chance as well, and Taylor has been pretty ineffective recently, so give Agyei a start Robbo!

We've got to try something new, to spark things back into life, and I feel that could be a good lineup to try for a game or two.

COYY

Either a gloomy defeat or a jubilant victory. There’s no way of knowing which. Like Appleton, Karl has been good at identifying and fixing problems, but maybe we’re just too knackered and unfit.

Booked the night off work tomorrow, so hoping it’s not all for nothing. Although my last two away games were Doncaster and Plymouth . Time to change things up front 3 points vital.

Back
Top Bottom