Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pre season will be huge for Dan. Lower pressure and an opportunity to really stake his claim much like Atkinson did with the CB spot this pre season. He's done enough to be considered for a start every week, but I understand why KR has opted for the experience of Lee/Henry/Taylor more often than not. I'd start Lee next week too, purely because if we need to chase having Dan and Winnall as a double sub is lethal.

I'm part of the Dan love in, but what about roofe, fosu, Beano, Maguire etc etc ❔

Roofe was a joy, Fosu was great on his day before the bright lights of Brentford distracted him.

Beano still is an icon, a totem for us, and he could trap the ball further than I can kick it. God love him.

Maguire was a show-off who slowed down every move he was involved in, his game was all about him. Skillful tho.

Look, I've been saying Sam Long will be the best youth product for about 4 years, and he is, 4 years later. And Stevens will be the next one.

Dan and Stevens are the future (I hope Elechi is too, but with the fool in charge, who knows). They're the future. Come on, get behind them.

Joey beats them both. The only thing that stopped Joey being a top flight star player was Joey not wanting to leave Oxford (nowt wrong with that either).
Yeah true, but was he as good as Simmo? Jimmy Mag had years in the top flight. Roofe was sensational at Oxford, albeit 2 divisions lower than Joey.

Bloody hell we've had some top players.

I have just been watching some of the other highlights. Peterborough's last minutes penalty to hand them the automatic promotion place has to be the softest I ever seen given. Ipswich's second goal was comedy gold defending from Swindon. I won't spoil it be describing it but it made me laugh.

I can’t remember a worse decision from an EFL referee. That was simply an absolutely shocking decision from Oxfordshire
official John Busby and he’ll surely face sanctions for that bizarre award of a spot kick.

Szmodics just fell over in the box after trying something fancy and the ref somehow pointed to the spot,

Appleton has branded the decision a “disgrace”

I can’t remember a worse decision from an EFL referee. That was simply an absolutely shocking decision from Oxfordshire
official John Busby and he’ll surely face sanctions for that bizarre award of a spot kick.

Szmodics just fell over in the box after trying something fancy and the ref somehow pointed to the spot,

Wow! That's appalling!

Have we allowed him back into Oxfordshire?

Just seen it, gobsmackingly scandalous.!!!!

Why? Years of watching OUFC!!
But surely that's the 'norm' for 90 per cent of us football fans. It's something that demands optimism and one of the great challenges of being a supporter. I watched my first Oxford match in 1962. It's been a fantastic roller-coaster, from the top flight years and the League Cup win to the Conference years. Many glorious ups and some very hard to take downs, but always optimism. You always have to be positive. And I am mightily optimistic about next Sunday. Bring it on!

Yeah true, but was he as good as Simmo? Jimmy Mag had years in the top flight. Roofe was sensational at Oxford, albeit 2 divisions lower than Joey.

Bloody hell we've had some top players.

Yes, Joey was better than Simmo who was also fantastic of course. Also, better than Jimmy M imo. If Joey had really had the necessary single minded determination then he'd have been an England regular.

That isn't even considering defenders like Matty Elliott, Gilly etc. Then you have to also consider Dean Whitehead, Dean Windass (even if he was an a**e just before leaving) as well.

They would have to win by a large margin as gd is almost as good as a point in our favour compared to them.
Nope - the original poster suggested we could draw if Pompey lose. If Charlton win both, they’d finish 6th by a clear point in that scenario - no GD involved.

Yes, Joey was better than Simmo who was also fantastic of course. Also, better than Jimmy M imo. If Joey had really had the necessary single minded determination then he'd have been an England regular.

That isn't even considering defenders like Matty Elliott, Gilly etc. Then you have to also consider Dean Whitehead, Dean Windass (even if he was an a**e just before leaving) as well.
How very DARE you discount Phil Whitehead... 😉

Nope - the original poster suggested we could draw if Pompey lose. If Charlton win both, they’d finish 6th by a clear point in that scenario - no GD involved.
Only read the last post!! Yes of course if we only draw and Charlton win both while Pompey mess up also they will sneak in .

Sky are showing a game next week, you would think that’s the Pompey one - will save me a tenner as I go for the multi-screen experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom