Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous? Not me, I have faith in the lads and a ticket on the Positive Bus. COYY
Welcome aboard.

I'm going for a hopefully nerve free 2 nil win with goals from Taylor and Henry on his return. But whatever happens this is about giving everything on and off the pitch until it's mathematically impossible to make the playoffs. We might not be there to cheer them on, but we can do it on here and I hope that there is plenty to be positive about.

Many will be pleased to know that I'll not be posting in support of the social media boycott but until I'm back I'll just leave you with one word,

BELIEVE!!!

it’s going to be a tough game as they can play without any pressure. Some of their players will inevitable be playing for contracts.
I think we will edge it....1-2.

We are under pressure to an extent, but I think Charlton and Portsmouth are under more pressure.
We are the under dogs,
I'll be disappointed if we don't make it but, I'll get over it pretty quickly.
but satisfied with our season overall

Hard fought tough game ....we'll just shade it 0-1

2-2 draw..

Results go our way, but we can’t get the win.. Robinson will say it’s been a good season and next season will be different..

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Henry Brannagan Sykes
Lee Taylor Shodipo

0-1, Long. COYY

REF WATCH:

Huddersfield based Sam Barrott is the man in the middle for this afternoon’s big match at the New Meadow, Shrewsbury.
Barrott was promoted to the EFL list in the summer of 2020 and has taken charge of 30 matches this season issuing 81 yellow cards
and four reds. He took charge of United’s home league game against Fleetwood on January 30th sending off Cod Army defender
Charlie Mulgrew after only six minutes and booking U’s Gorrin, Winnall and Agyei.

EfdTV2nXgAEhApY

We have got ourselves into a position where we have to play with the pressure on and we know what that means
Desperate for a win however I see us falling just short going for a draw 1 1

This has got to be the most nervous I’ve been about a game in quite a while. The daft thing is that the high stakes for me are that next week’s games are on at a decent time here, so my 12 year old can watch, and I want it to be a meaningful game!

Well that and of course I want us to thrash the shrews and have a real crack at the playoffs. (And avoid all the told-you-sos from the schadenfreude brigade).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom