Home Match Day Thread 13-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how no-ones now suggesting that Kelly should play as he does things that most fans can’t see - most fans can see that last night Sykes and Henry did more than Kelly has done this season in an Oxford shirt!

Funny how no-ones now suggesting that Kelly should play as he does things that most fans can’t see - most fans can see that last night Sykes and Henry did more than Kelly has done this season in an Oxford shirt!
Have to hold my hands up and say I thought one game when Kelly made sense was when payed with Gorrin and Brannagan as he did a bit of what the other can't do. That was against Doncaster IIRC. But since then, he has not made a a lot of sense, and even less so when we seem to be in a position to play our first choice team, they are firing well as a unit and some important individuals (like Henry) have hit a bit of form at the right time as well as Brannagan growing into his role.

We're right up there with the best in the division when the planets align!

Most likely they’ve simply changed their minds.

And Kelly played regularly in our most significant winning run of the season. Sykes earlier in the season wasn't very good at all but recently has been excellent so you're suggesting he has done more in 2 games which is just rubbish. The classy James Henry is clearly a far superior player to Liam Kelly but there have also been games when Henry has been poor as well (this may have been partly down to injuries based on the way he has come back this time mind).

• React
Reactions: ljs
There has been a lot of inconsistency this season - both from individual players and (perhaps therefore) from the team as well. At some points in the season you'd have marked some players out to keep and others to drop in the summer - only for those roles to be reversed half a dozen games later!

And Kelly played regularly in our most significant winning run of the season. Sykes earlier in the season wasn't very good at all but recently has been excellent so you're suggesting he has done more in 2 games which is just rubbish. The classy James Henry is clearly a far superior player to Liam Kelly but there have also been games when Henry has been poor as well (this may have been partly down to injuries based on the way he has come back this time mind).
It's good that Sykes has added more to his game (apart from goals) and playing for his extension to his contract.

Loved the timing of the groan by the keeper as he was wrongfooted by Elliot Lee's goal. Also, as hard as Matty Taylor's shot was, the keeper has to be disappointed getting beaten at the near post like that.
Yes I think the keeper is somewhat at fault for a couple of the goals. The defenders don’t seem happy with him either

Most likely they’ve simply changed their minds.
Like I, and probably a few others, have with Henry. Last few games he has been very good... but was still pretty terrible earlier in the season. Similar with Sykes too.

People change their opinions, just as players can have terrible performances and very good ones. Pointing out either way doesn't mean people are scapegoating players or saying they are fantastic, just honest opinions on performances.

Ipswich look a busted flush and Charlton are having a renaissance under Nigel Adkins.

Fancy Blackpool to turn over the Mackems.
Charlton have the most difficult run in of all the teams. It would be something if they got into the playoffs.

H Ipswich
A Plymouth
H Peterbrough
H Crewe
A Accrington
H Lincoln
H Hull

Charlton have the most difficult run in of all the teams. It would be something if they got into the playoffs.

H Ipswich
A Plymouth
H Peterbrough
H Crewe
A Accrington
H Lincoln
H Hull
They'll probably get spanked by Crewe at home, such are the levels of craziness in this league....

Don't fancy their chances if they need more than a point from their last two though!

Like I, and probably a few others, have with Henry. Last few games he has been very good... but was still pretty terrible earlier in the season. Similar with Sykes too.

People change their opinions, just as players can have terrible performances and very good ones. Pointing out either way doesn't mean people are scapegoating players or saying they are fantastic, just honest opinions on performances.
It’s fine to change your mind but I can’t accept the abuse and scorn that Henry and other good players were getting from people who are meant to be fans. No wonder players aren’t always as loyal as some would like them to be

It’s fine to change your mind but I can’t accept the abuse and scorn that Henry and other good players were getting from people who are meant to be fans. No wonder players aren’t always as loyal as some would like them to be
Totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom