Home Match Day Thread 13-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Townend forum is f*****g hilarious at the moment. Well worth a read if you delight in black humour. They know they’re s**t!😂
‘Sheridactyl!’ Actually was very funny. Their tragic dissection of their club is acidic gold.😂😂😂

The Townend forum is f*****g hilarious at the moment. Well worth a read if you delight in black humour. They know they’re s**t!😂
‘Sheridactyl!’ Actually was very funny. Their tragic dissection of their club is acidic gold.😂😂😂
It’s funny on there they’re so sensitive aswel I get banned every time just for saying how s**t they are 🤣

Let them stew in it. Their own self effacement is more than enough.
They are actually quite good at it.😂😂😂

The best one was the fan who decided the only option was to put a bet on them going down, so at least he'd get a crumb of comfort. Then he discovered it wasn't worth doing because the odds were so bad!

I think after last night we are third top scorers in the league
Have to say I was one who thought where are the goals coming from this season
Fantastic to see Atkinson open his account.
I think he will score more than Ron but substantially less than Graham but if he turns out to be half as good as those two we will have some player
Good to see Lee scoring again he must have a good goals to game ratio

The best one was the fan who decided the only option was to put a bet on them going down, so at least he'd get a crumb of comfort. Then he discovered it wasn't worth doing because the odds were so bad!
Ah, the Charlie technique!!! Remember it well!

I think he will score more than Ron but substantially less than Graham but if he turns out to be half as good as those two we will have some player
It was fantastic to see Rob score , only £4 on it but 25 -1 .
If bloody Chelsea had one another £50 on a treble!
I'm having the luckiest few days betting 😁

That is always the question at the start of the season isn't it?
Taylor will always score goals (and he has been nowhere near his best since Tranmere at home)
Henry and Brannagan if anything have been poor in their scoring this season
Shodipo, Lee, Ruffels, Long and Moore (plus Agyei and Winnall) have all chipped in and it has been a bit if a team effort this season

According to Rageonline and Transfermarkt:

Elliot Lee has started 10 and 3 as a sub, scoring 4. He has played 788 minutes in total.

Also according to Transfermarkt, his contract at Luton is up this summer but don't know if they have an option. I hope we are talking to him and if necessary Luton about next season.

Last edited:
According to Rageonline and Transfermarkt:

Elliot Lee has started 10 and 3 as a sub, scoring 4. He has played 788 minutes in total.

Also according to Transfermarkt, his contract at Luton is up this summer but don't know if they have an option. I hope we are talking to him and if necessary Luton about next season.
KR was asked if he was in talks with Mc Guane, Barker and Lee about next season
He said he was in talks with loan players but didn’t say which ones

I liked it being given the moniker "El Shitico" and another poster writing this "A clash between eminently resistible force and deeply movable object."

Edit: I don't see the point of going on their forum to take the P**s either. Going on an oppositions forum to ask a question, have a genuine discussion (albeit limited length) all perfectly fine but to just troll (even if it is Swindon) seems a bit sad. I generally enjoy the Sunderland fan and West Brom fan conversations/viewpoints when they drop in but they likewise are only on here occasionally and generally respectful.

Last edited:
That is always the question at the start of the season isn't it?
Taylor will always score goals (and he has been nowhere near his best since Tranmere at home)
Henry and Brannagan if anything have been poor in their scoring this season
Shodipo, Lee, Ruffels, Long and Moore (plus Agyei and Winnall) have all chipped in and it has been a bit if a team effort this season

The annoyance will be if Taylor, Henry and Brannigan all find the goalscoring touch at the end of the season and we just miss out on the play offs (which is unfortunately likely) as we could of been going into the play offs looking strong and full of goals.

The Swindon home travesty probably needed to happen (although it would of been better against anyone else obviously) as a kick up the a**e but we dropped 3 points against an absolutely awful team - the worst in the league, at home after leading. We moved on and improved massively but if we miss out because of gifting points to a near non league standard side it will be gutting.

The annoyance will be if Taylor, Henry and Brannigan all find the goalscoring touch at the end of the season and we just miss out on the play offs (which is unfortunately likely) as we could of been going into the play offs looking strong and full of goals.

The Swindon home travesty probably needed to happen (although it would of been better against anyone else obviously) as a kick up the a**e but we dropped 3 points against an absolutely awful team - the worst in the league, at home after leading. We moved on and improved massively but if we miss out because of gifting points to a near non league standard side it will be gutting.
The weird thing about this season is all of the teams battling for promotion have had some awful results against those nearer the bottom, which is why we're somehow still in the mix even after our dreadful start and a big form dip in Feb/March. As much as the Swindon/Northampton results were bad, we also got last minute goals against Rochdale and MK Dons so it almost evens up.

In the end if we don't make it I think it purely comes down to the injuries in the early season to Atkinson, Mous and Gorrin that meant playing Long in CB and Clare in RB, and before we realised just how consistently below average Kelly can be. It's frustrating but there's a couple of really disappointed teams every season who come close but just miss out on the Championship, just a bigger shame if we get it two years in a row! I think this squad has enough to get promoted, but the squad cap and fixture congestion have hit us hard and it's no surprise the form returns when the full squad have. Lincoln are now the side with injuries out the backside and they've been on woeful form yesterday aside so fingers crossed we can capitalise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom