Away Match Build Up 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Make or break match. Win and we march on, lose and it's League 1 again next year.

Quite a few on here underestimating our opponents. Will be very tough. A draw and No More Hope that Kills Us.

tough, bad tempered game ... Sykes and Norwood continue their shenanigans, and both get red carded... another late, late away winner at Shrewsbury... this time from Dan Agyei

Last edited:
Whilst I understand the sentiment for us needing to do our job on Saturday, it’s the games on Tuesday that will have a major bearing on what position we’ll be in.

The ideal world would see:

Accrington v Pompey - Accrington win
Charlton v Crewe - Crewvid win
Shrewsbury v Lincoln - Shrewsbury win
Sunderland v Blackpool - Sunderland win. The Black Cats are already encamped in the playoffs so we want Blackpool to drop points.

Let’s see where we are after Tuesday.

4-0 to us. Shodipo, Gorrin, Agyei and Stevens. Just to make sure everyone has scored in the recent spell.

Whilst I understand the sentiment for us needing to do our job on Saturday, it’s the games on Tuesday that will have a major bearing on what position we’ll be in.

The ideal world would see:

Accrington v Pompey - Accrington win
Charlton v Crewe - Crewvid win
Shrewsbury v Lincoln - Shrewsbury win
Sunderland v Blackpool - Sunderland win. The Black Cats are already encamped in the playoffs so we want Blackpool to drop points.

Let’s see where we are after Tuesday.
To be honest I think the ideal here would be a number of Shrewsbury injuries and red cards

Tough game. We cannot afford anything less than 3 points so we have hit them with everything we’ve got. Super Dan must start start surely?

Must win again. Simple

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Lee Brannagan Sykes
Aygei Taylor Barker

Subs. Eastwood, Hanson, Forde, Gorrin, Shodipo, Henry, Winnall

Our task is easy. Win. What ever it takes just win. Performance doesn’t mean a jot. If KR has to teach the lads all about the dark arts then he must do it. I firmly believe that if we get 3 points on Saturday, and we will, we will sneak into the playoffs after we beat Burton. ( agent Clare will help there). The teams that can go above us will drop points. I have to believe that. If you don’t think that then your saying we have no hope. If you have no hope then what’s the point. COYY

Our task is easy. Win. What ever it takes just win. Performance doesn’t mean a jot. If KR has to teach the lads all about the dark arts then he must do it. I firmly believe that if we get 3 points on Saturday, and we will, we will sneak into the playoffs after we beat Burton. ( agent Clare will help there). The teams that can go above us will drop points. I have to believe that. If you don’t think that then your saying we have no hope. If you have no hope then what’s the point. COYY
could recruit this fella on a short contract for a bit of instruction on the dark arts? ...

a3d53b16e54d18ba6aaa72ab090b81441e3fb161.jpg

Completely right. We're potentially 2 wins away from the playoffs, with teams around us having already dropped points in recent weeks and with tricky games ahead of them. Nothing is easy, Shrewsbury won't roll over and Burton are in great form. But we have to believe that this is possible, or what's the point as you say.

If I remember went there a couple of bits of nastiness with a couple of there players? Was it not the game that put Barker out? And cam having a coming together. If so this game has the hallmarks of potentially a couple of red cards. it won’t be easy but it’s doable.....COYY

Assume you mean defining our task is easy rather than the task itself being easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom