Away Match Day Thread +++ 1/1/2019 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC match day thread+++

Well I’m glad you had something to enjoy. 3 games and 3 poor performances wasn’t much of a Christmas treat for you.

Keep the faith. [emoji4]

Damn the pasties there are good. Wasn’t there to have one today, thank Fred.

To be fair he is saying it as it is, there is no point in pussyfooting around. If the guy doesn’t want to play for us then B*****s to him. Another rubbish signing.

But i dont think he has said that anywhere. Its clear gobbo doesnt like him, even though he hasnt been given a fair chance.

He went on loan, came back was given some time off and has trained since.

It seems to be more a case of not being given a chance to show what he can do, than not wanting to play.

I do have a lot of sympathy for KR but don’t understand when he admitted to making a tactical error why he had to wait until half time to put mous on, wasn’t it evident long before then.

Really?

It’s been fairly obvious since earlier in the season when the club were trying to negotiate a new contract with him that he either wanted out or an improved package.

I personally think we should keep him until the end of the season unless a ridiculous offer comes in for him e.g. £3m+.

Losing Nelson would certainly condemn us to league 2, and god knows how much that could cost us in lost revenue etc and trying to get back to where we are now. We must do all we can to stay in this league.

We all know promotion aspirations have gone and it’s about staying in this league, so all we can do is get behind the team/management etc to give us the best chance of achieving this.

It’s time to start believing!!

In parallel to this we really need to be putting some pressure on Tiger to find out what the hell us going on at this club and what’s the plan.

How do we get answers out of Tiger though? It appears Oxvox have asked the questions but he simply hasn’t provided anything of substance. I find this quite disrespectful to the wider fan base but in particular to Oxvox who have been supportive of him.

I don’t think he has shared a plan as I’m not convinced he has one, he looks to me like he is trying to ‘wing it’. The transfer window will reveal more but is anyone expecting to learn much?

My guess is we’ll spend a little but less than we receive in fees. The club will say Nelson etc wanted to move and they had no choice - hence sending him out for today’s post match car crash interview.

I do have a lot of sympathy for KR but don’t understand when he admitted to making a tactical error why he had to wait until half time to put mous on, wasn’t it evident long before then.
On the subject of things it’s hard to understand, apparently it was said today that we’re waiting for Holmes to see a doctor again on January 8th before we make a decision. I’m a big fan of Holmes but why wait? He’s not our player for one thing and what’s the doctor going to say? ‘Sorry there’s been some mistake, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with your back, get out there son!’ Surely bestcase scenario is he’s still going to miss a lot of games, so why keep him?

what if net spend is not that much but we've brought in some decent players just a thought !!!

Not if you look at the number of games they've played.
He came To us injury prone it was his back, and with him having played the amount of games he has hence why he’s not played in the last few games, he hasn’t played since 15th December the Blackpool game he came on as sub in the 85th minute and never had a touch.

why arrogant ?
surely it has been clear for ages that he would leave at the end of his contract, just as he did at Plymouth

To be fair to Robinson, re Raglan, I don’t think he did say anything negative about him today. I know he has in the past but today he didn’t say anything good or bad.

Also, in my opinion, Raglan isn’t the answer to our problems defensively but neither is Dickie.

I’ve expressed my concerns about Dickie for sometime and began this during his better spell at the end of last season. He can “do a job” but you need players in your starting 11 who can do more than that.... they need to be able to affect the game in a positive way which Dickie doesn’t do enough....

The reason he is in the side is to dominate in the air, win header after header (think Chey Dunkley before he moved), rarely have I seen a performance from Dickie that has convinced me he is capable of being the dominant force in the air on a regular basis.

To add to that, how often is Dickie a threat in the other box?! Again, rarely.

Is Raglan likely to solve either of those issues? Not for me, all you’d be doing is swapping like for like and the same issues remain.

This is not meant as a dig at Dickie or blaming him for our problems alone, how many of the starting 11 today are good enough?

Henry
Ruffels
Eastwood
Nelson

Anyone else?

So the rest of the team is made up of players in the Dickie mould who can “do a job” but you can only really carry a couple of those at a time, you need these players to fill the squad but not to start consistently.

Teams who have this ratio go down.

To be fair, we did say we didn’t want him in the summer.

We pay him a wage, what the manager says has nothing to do with it, Robinson has said bad things about Raglan and Long but they still turn up for training and stay in this country.

why arrogant ?
surely it has been clear for ages that he would leave at the end of his contract, just as he did at Plymouth
In the way he said to Nathan Cooper on Radox if he was to be asked about his future he would end the interview, and that means he’s an arrogant t**t. Off course he’s of the sooner the better get what we can for him

To be fair to Robinson, re Raglan, I don’t think he did say anything negative about him today. I know he has in the past but today he didn’t say anything good or bad.

Also, in my opinion, Raglan isn’t the answer to our problems defensively but neither is Dickie.

I’ve expressed my concerns about Dickie for sometime and began this during his better spell at the end of last season. He can “do a job” but you need players in your starting 11 who can do more than that.... they need to be able to affect the game in a positive way which Dickie doesn’t do enough....

The reason he is in the side is to dominate in the air, win header after header (think Chey Dunkley before he moved), rarely have I seen a performance from Dickie that has convinced me he is capable of being the dominant force in the air on a regular basis.

To add to that, how often is Dickie a threat in the other box?! Again, rarely.

Is Raglan likely to solve either of those issues? Not for me, all you’d be doing is swapping like for like and the same issues remain.

This is not meant as a dig at Dickie or blaming him for our problems alone, how many of the starting 11 today are good enough?

Henry
Ruffels
Eastwood
Nelson

Anyone else?

So the rest of the team is made up of players in the Dickie mould who can “do a job” but you can only really carry a couple of those at a time, you need these players to fill the squad but not to start consistently.

Teams who have this ratio go down.

I would argue that Whyte, Brown and Brannagan are all more than good enough. Could also make a case for Mousinho.

Nelson sounding like a t**t I may have misheard but I thought I heard Nathan Cooper ask a question about his future but Nelson cut him off saying he wouldn’t answer and if asked again the interview was over
Yeah, the weirdest post-match interview I've ever heard. Nelson was clearly very pissed off, I'm guessing more than about today's result. He knocked back every question he was asked, sounding like a sulky teenager. Effectively rude to Nathan and by extension the fans, who have a right to expect polite(ish) and reasonably honest answers. The sooner he goes the better.

Back
Top Bottom