Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
The matches seem to be coming thick and fast now.

At time of writing this post, the weather is set to be a warm 12oC!

Different class ,we are still miles away from where we need to be .So many players missing the Lad from Leeds will be so pleased when he goes back when Odonker is a head of you in the starting line. We will be way out of the top 6 when January comes .Rough start for Des.

Our keeper made a mistake to gift them a goal, and is still man of the match. In a 3-0 loss. That first half performance was so f*****g poor.

This sorry lot better batter Reading on Tuesday.
I've got a bad feeling about Tuesday evening already.

Second best in every department. Should have been 6 or 7. Naive tactics. Those who thought the new manager would hit the ground running, well I’d be interested to see how many can admit you were wrong. I’m guessing none of you! He's got loads to learn at this level but the players should also have a strong word with themselves cos that wasn’t just down to the manager.

Its no change really,we weren't good enough for promotion under Manning and we certainly aren't now....personally i think we flattered to decieve under Manning and now our true colours are showing only too well....we were never promotion material
Agree we all knew it would take at least two windows to sort out the mess Robinson left us in.Jan window massive for us.

Peterborough were much better than us simple as that... Perhaps Des is out of his depth he's definitely making the team sink down the table
Yes indeed, but if the Manager thinks that Harris and Bodin are the answers up front then he is badly mistaken. Signings needed in January, or play Goodrham and O'Donkor instread.

Chastening.

Beaten by a better side.

The problems left by Manning are being further exposed by the injuries to our other attacking players. No Leigh, no Edwards and no outlets.

I’m signing off before the ‘DeS wUz Da RoNg ChOiCE’ brigade pile on.
What problems?

As depressing as that was and it was.... Peterborough had a full strength squad to pick from, we were far from that luxury. The players we were missing (Leigh, Edwards) are those that have been central to our wins and for making up for our lack of a goal scoring striker. When they do play those around then also play better. So things should get better.

The problem is when will players be back from injury and is there a real danger the transfer window will weaken us (loans called in, players poached) rather than strengthen us as some expected/hope for.

Last edited:
As depressing as that was and it was.... Peterborough had a full strength squad to pick from, we were far from that luxury. The players we were missing (Leigh, Edwards) are those that have been central to our wins and for making up for our lack of a goal scoring striker. When they do play those around then also play better. So thinks should get better.

The problem is when will players be back from injury and is there a real danger the transfer window will weaken us (loans called in, players poached) rather than strengthen us as some expected/hope for.
I've a nasty feeling Snake Manning will be doing some poaching

Afraid first half was back to the Robinson days, poor application and desire throughout the team.
Wrong team selection a lot of players out of form and one being your captain doesn’t help.
Thornileys problems from last season are still effecting him.
Bodin and Mills have been missing for a few games. and Rodrigues has frustrated himself.
Better 2nd half, but no real punching power in the last third.

Why do we not start with Murphy he mad some difference when he came on.

Not starting Murphy after his Tuesday night's performance was baffling to say the least.

We know we haven't got the best squad in this league and have some injuries but Manning got more out of this squad than Des has so far.

I did have a feeling that he may not have the tactical nounce or know league one enough when he first was mentioned as being the next manager and it seems to be being proved right after 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom