+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Of the Wycombe forum and in response to his we should have asked Wycombe I’m sure the ST attendance ( which is bollox ) would have included Wycombe as well.

Could be a wind up - report that Oxford are going to ask that season ticket holders be allowed to attend the Play Off final, the poster says that it was announced on Radio Oxford. Surely they would have approached Wycombe first seeing as there are two clubs involved in the game?

No Portsmouth fan moaning in any comments section or forum anywhere about the supposed multiple penalties they should have had in the first leg or two red cards in the second leg seem to mention that we had an absolutely blatant, stonewall penalty ignored for that ridiculous shirt pull on Agyei

And the Red card for Ronan Curtis for kicking out at Sam Long when Long rightly got booked, or McGeehan getting a 2nd yellow in the 1st leg, or Marquis getting a red for his elbow (which plenty have been given for similar).

Of the Wycombe forum and in response to his we should have asked Wycombe I’m sure the ST attendance ( which is bollox ) would have included Wycombe as well.

Could be a wind up - report that Oxford are going to ask that season ticket holders be allowed to attend the Play Off final, the poster says that it was announced on Radio Oxford. Surely they would have approached Wycombe first seeing as there are two clubs involved in the game?

You can ask as much as you like, but it won't happen!!

Agyei did well when he came on, but the lad has a lot to learn. His tracking back at times was nigh on non-existent, exposing Long to overlaps, etc and it's those little things that mean he won't necessarily start in big games in the short term. He's a good talent though but coming on as he did, is a perfect scenario for him at the moment.

If playing Mackie for 60 mins means we get 60 mins of Taylor from last night to end a game, it's a price worth paying, Mackie wasn't great, but Harrison played a similar role for Pompey and you could argue did less, as did Marquis. Where are both teams strongest? CB.

Woodburn had big stones to come and take a penalty. Good on him.

Harrison did loads yesterday as he scored a fantastic goal.

I watched it again this morning too.

Easty dived the same way every time and only McGheehan decided to put it anywhere but to the keeper’s left. If he’d observed the other three penalty takers before him, we could have been looking at a longer penalty shoot out.

Something to bear in mind for the final although let’s hope we don’t need to go thy far.
If McGeehan had also learnt from his mistake last night! Can’t believe he made the same mistake again this morning...

Well that game seemed to last 5 days, total attrition.

Robbo should be given credit for all his subs, was amazed to see this bearded
new player wander on to the pitch late on, aka the lesser spotted Hanson. Who did ok.

I got the distinct impression we were playing for pens in the last 15 minutes , Robinson beat Jsckett up tactically with the last minute subs.

Best player on pitch Williams. Pompey should have got the ball to him more often . For us Long had a great game, he’s very underrated . Defence fell asleep for their goal though.

But best of all, our penalties were exocets. Like the Germans in 1990 WC semi final. Three keepers on the line wouldn’t have stopped Taylor’s effort.

COYY

Tried to listen to RadOx digital and mute Sky but it was a second or so ahead of Sky and drove us nuts. Can't get FM here so couldn't try that.

What can we do to get better commentary for the final? Bombard Sky with complaints maybe, but who could they get who would do any better?
Could you not pause Sky?

Amazingly Radio Oxford and iFollow video were in sync last night. Both about 25 seconds behind real life. well done iFollow (for a change)

Robbo should be given credit for all his subs, was amazed to see this bearded
new player wander on to the pitch late on, aka the lesser spotted Hanson. Who did ok.

I feel Hanson gets a bad rap based on his transfer fee. The only times he's played have been during spells where the whole team has been poor. I still think he'll be sold this season, but has the makings of a good League One player if fitness would allow.

I feel Hanson gets a bad rap based on his transfer fee. The only times he's played have been during spells where the whole team has been poor. I still think he'll be sold this season, but has the makings of a good League One player if fitness would allow.

No, he was especially and unusually poor at right back at times, and also early on in DCM when he gave away a crazy penalty at one point as I remember. However, he seems to have got a lot better recently and I agree, would be a solid L1 central midfielder

Back
Top Bottom