+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don’t understand this one bit. A massive risk!

I agree he isn't a goal threat which is worrying look at the little chance Agyei has been giving and to me he's done very well scored some vital goals has speed to burn.

For all the Mackie boo boys (some of the comments justified as he really doesn't score any goals at all), this may be his last or penultimate game for us. He's likeable and committed but technically deficient. I watched a video of his best QPR goals and they're essentially a collection of him bundling through crowds of defenders to get a shot away. It's what he does and he's played in the top flight and won international caps for doing it.

One last hurrah in him we all hope and then he's certain to depart once all is said and done. We can't carry him for another season regardless of what level we're at.

Either the last game of the season for the yellows or looking forward to one of the most important games “arguably“ in our history.
The first leg was a very tense affair for both clubs and neither team really did enough to go into the 2nd leg with a lead.
Both teams will have to play better If they want to get through to the play off final against what is increasingly looking like Wycombe after their first leg victory at the seaside and both teams are more than capable of putting on a good performance.
Did we learn anything from Friday‘s game, yes we did.......
1- Woodburn needs to Stamp his authority in games if he wants to progress as a player.
2- Sam Long needs to concentrate on defending and not going ”Gung Ho” up the wing, he was out of position so many times and dare I say he was our weakest link.
And 3- Matty Taylor needs more service with the ball in front of him to get the best out of him.
Marcus Browne is a very good player at this level and could win games on his own with more self belief.
The remainder of the team to a man gave what we expect, determination, grit, passion, hard working and skill.
If we play as we did on Friday I do believe our season will be over.
However, we all know we can play better and on our day we can rip through teams when everything clicks.
Motivation comes from within and our players seem to have the “never say die” attitude in abundance so COME ON YOU YELLOWS.....

OXFORD UNITED - 3 (Browne, Henry, Ruffles)
Portsmouth - 0
Att - 0,000

Not even a dog on the pitch?

For all the Mackie boo boys (some of the comments justified as he really doesn't score any goals at all), this may be his last or penultimate game for us. He's likeable and committed but technically deficient. I watched a video of his best QPR goals and they're essentially a collection of him bundling through crowds of defenders to get a shot away. It's what he does and he's played in the top flight and won international caps for doing it.

One last hurrah in him we all hope and then he's certain to depart once all is said and done. We can't carry him for another season regardless of what level we're at.
It sounds like KR wants him back next season, whatever division we are in...

We need to get at them from the off not like Friday where we just soaked up the pressure

Right, here's the plan. Mackie to score within 10 minutes OR to frustrate pompey for 30-40 minutes before bringing Ageyi on to provide more threat once the pompey boys begin to tire.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: QR
If Mackie can draw defenders into daft tackles or just draw them away from Browne and Henry, then there will be some goals. If he gets caught out early on by the ref, then he's an issue. Praying for the former.

We have to start on the front foot our midfield has enough quality but henry looked slow and not really interested Friday again browne will be key today fingers crossed time for a beer or two

We are going to carry him again next season. KR wants him to stay.

Sky described Mackie as "TikTok's finest"

The most important game of our season. How many has he scored this season again?

That is a brave selection up top. Let's hope Robinson is a better manager than me (he is!), because it's not one I'd have made. I do agree with Sykes starting though.

Have just looked through the cut outs (busy work day) and I can see 2 x Robert Maxwell's, Mr T, David Beckham, Pele and Ricardinhno. Some people have more money than sense! :ROFLMAO:

Where can you see these?

What is it about football? Why does it make me feel a little bit more on edge sometimes? I felt a bit on edge a few minutes ago. It must be because it's so well known around the world, and that is in my unconscious, that loads know it's going on and if someone messes up loads of ppl are gonna know about it.

Taylor with a groin strain...hence Mackie up front. TBH I wouldn't start with Agyei either, so what's the options?

One option if Brannigan is out - give Dan Agyei a chance:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Sykes
Agyei Taylor Browne​
Agyei and long on the right would be too risky with Curtis playing down that flank imo

To be fair if youve not even trained for three weeks, starting two playoff games in the space of four days is going to be a massive ask. I'd rather have Agyei off the bench to inject a bit of pace if needs be. I can see the logic behind starting Mackie, I just wish we had a better 'second' option up front. It's been the one glaring weakness in the side all season and it would be intensely frustrating if it's what ultimately cost us in the biggest game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom