Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.

If it’s that important why don’t you share it so that the fan base can assess and respond then?

They can’t exactly go “we heard some guy on the internet says it isn’t rosey . Wasssuppp?”

Yeah, but we've overtaken Swindon and Reading, so not all bad.

This - although you could argue it’s more they’ve dropped to a standard lower than ours, rather than us particularly improving ours

(Not that I’m overly saddened by their misfortune at all!)

Who voted Stevens motm needs a prison sentence every week he just stands in front of his marker and doesn’t defend the shot long needs to be back in the team

Did I hear right that Rosie, when talking after the game, said there was differences in the club at the moment which aren’t helping along with the large injury list?

It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.
Come on man. Looking for nibbles cuz we’ve just been done in the cup and you know people are riled up. None of this after a late winner at Charlton. Leave it out

They were in the old division 1 ,premier league for a long time they are a much bigger club than us .We are really struggling, we know the players are not fit but the team at times are so so bad ,let's hope we are backed in the transfer market then we will find out how good we are .[or Des is ] he should be given time but that was a real drubbing ,if you think our midfield of Brannagan, mcguane and Rodriguez is supposed to be strong. totally out classed a very bad day at the office . It could of been 10. And Gutted for Stan ,let's hope he's ok

Where do you think the water from the Horspath side of Shotover goes? Deary me.
I'm just trying to remember if press steel used to have matches postponed, for watterlogged pitches .I was working in Horspath village for 18 months .. At the end of last season they ripped up the whole of the pitches & relayed them . Maybe that's the problem????

I think this is a really frustrating (but harshly accurate) statement. It’s not that long ago we were playing them at Wembley, with us very much as favourites and them heading off in the opposite direction.

I totally get that historically Coventry are a decent club - bigger fish than us most likely. But they aren’t astronomically colossal footballing giants. And it’s not like they haven’t spent the last decade or so similarly handicapped by problems with stadiums and ownership. Their situation isn’t that dissimilar to us. For us to feel SO far behind Coventry, given that they’ve even dropped down to League 2 since we met that day at Wembley is tough to take as an Oxford fan
Top manager with a decent budget helps.

I think this is a really frustrating (but harshly accurate) statement. It’s not that long ago we were playing them at Wembley, with us very much as favourites and them heading off in the opposite direction.

I totally get that historically Coventry are a decent club - bigger fish than us most likely. But they aren’t astronomically colossal footballing giants. And it’s not like they haven’t spent the last decade or so similarly handicapped by problems with stadiums and ownership. Their situation isn’t that dissimilar to us. For us to feel SO far behind Coventry, given that they’ve even dropped down to League 2 since we met that day at Wembley is tough to take as an Oxford fan
Bit like Luton as well.

OX14 said:
It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.’

Well why mention it on a public forum then? Either tell us fellow fans what you have been told or don’t speak about it at all.

OX14 said:
It's not the place to air the clubs dirty laundry when you have non fans looking in but I will say it's not all rosey behind the scenes. Questions need to be asked/ demanded to be answered by Oxvox of what is going on at the club.’

Well why mention it on a public forum then? Either tell us fellow fans what you have been told or don’t speak about it at all.
100 percent agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom