Home Match Build Up 02/12/2023 FAC 2: OUFC v Grimsby Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Oxon U’s

REF WATCH

Lancashire referee Darren Bond has been appointed for Saturday’s FA cup clash with Grimsby in OX4.
Wigan based Bond was promoted to the PL in the summer of 2023 after many seasons of fixtures at Championship level.
He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2012-13 and his first U’s match was a 0-1 home defeat to Chesterfield in March 2013.

Historicallly, he’s not been shy about showing his cards.

FleYTYRXEAICP9c

The pitch is covered. Not dropping too low tonight but previous nights have been lower. Fingers crossed it's on.

The one thing you can be guaranteed on here is that if the weather gets a bit cold, wet or windy people will say it will be called off, despite the fact that we would never get through a season if we call games off in weather that is just normal winter conditions, the game will go ahead.

2-0 win with a Harris hat trick, man of the match Elliot Moore gets presented with an alba brand Walkman after the game as a prize but his hands are to cold to hold onto it and he drops it breaking it and just ruining the day for everyone.

Last edited:
The one thing you can be guaranteed on here is that if the weather gets a bit cold, wet or windy people will say it will be called off, despite the fact that we would never get through a season if we call games off in weather that is just normal winter conditions, the game will go ahead.

2-0 win with a Harris hat trick, man of the match Elliot Moore gets presented with an alba brand Walkman after the game as a prize but his hands are to cold to hold onto it and he drops it breaking it and just ruining the day for everyone.

2-0 Harris hat trick ??

Selfishly hoping for a postponement. I can't make the rearranged Reading away fixture as it stands. Bring on the frost 🥶

For me this is a great opportunity for Des to get some more game time under his belt, in a game where we don't need points.

I look forward to questioning his ability to manage the club if he so much as glances at his best pal and close business associate, Sam Long.

Selfishly hoping for a postponement. I can't make the rearranged Reading away fixture as it stands. Bring on the frost 🥶
Covers are (already) on the breeze block pitch, they protect the playing surface down to -4 degrees, tonight is expected to drop to as low as -3 , fingers crossed it'll be game on tomorrow

Covers are (already) on the breeze block pitch, they protect the playing surface down to -4 degrees, tonight is expected to drop to as low as -3 , fingers crossed it'll be game on tomorrow
In that case hopefully Eastleigh's pitch is frozen on Sunday!

Hopefully the club haven’t taken the same stance with covering the pitch as they have with available tickets and manage to cover the whole pitch.

As for line up I’d go with:

Eastwood
Negru Thornley Brown
Edwards McEachran Brannagan Bennett
Rodney
Harris Bodin​
Rubbish play 1st team rest at Forest Green!

• React
Reactions: GRB
Hopefully the club haven’t taken the same stance with covering the pitch as they have with available tickets and manage to cover the whole pitch.

As for line up I’d go with:

Eastwood
Negru Thornley Brown
Edwards McEachran Brannagan Bennett
Rodney
Harris Bodin​
What on earth is that!?

I'm very much in the play the best side possible corner for this. It's the FA Cup, chance to get a third round draw with a lot of money at stake. A good cup run has always generated interest along side the financial gains. Even the BSM Pot has prize money and a potential trip to Wembley. (and TV money as well)
Granted, there are some injury concerns so some compromises will have to be made but let's go out and win tomorrow. Do we really want to take the risk of being embarrassed by a lower league side?

If Brentford allow Stevens to play:

Beadle
Stevens Moore Thornily Brown
McEachran Brannagan
Rodrigues
Mills Harris Edwards

with Browne and Bennett hopefully getting some minutes off the bench.

The one change I'm making (other than bringing RR back in) is McEachran for McGuane - the latter has been well below his best for several weeks now, so it would be great to get him a full ten days to recharge. McEachran doesn't offer you everything he does, but he's a capable foil for Cam.

If Brentford don't allow Stevens to play......then I guess you play Negru there, even though he's definitely not a fullback. Because otherwise you have to rework everything and either go super-aggressive with something like this:

Beadle
Negru Moore Brown
Mills McEachran Brannagan Edwards
Rodrigues
Harris Bodin

Or be a bit more circumspect and play Gorrin (or Smyth) instead of Bodin, only we really don't know at what level they're playing at right now.

Back
Top Bottom