Home Match Day Thread 02/12/2023 FAC 2: OUFC v Grimsby Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maidstone at home, one of the big six home or away or an attractive away fixture. I would like Fulham as it’s not to far, would probably be at 3pm on a Saturday, we would get loads of tickets and sell them, not played them in years and have a small chance of getting an upset as they never seem to do much in the cup, would be a cracking London away day.

Good chance of an attractive/good draw in the third round but that makes the feeling worse when you draw a decent team in our league away out.

Fancying a London away day. And I'm a posh sod. Fulham please.
Likewise on both counts lol.

We are due to play Fulham and I reckon we could still be level after the first 15 minutes or so....

Decent surroundings with an end to make some noise but obviously not ' Fulham's a sh*t hole'.

One of my children lives close by and would snap up a few tickets if there was to be any left after any allocation if this tie was the one pulled from the velvet bag! However, having a SW postcode helps either way.

Probably now get Morecambe away.

COYY'S.

Likewise on both counts lol.

We are due to play Fulham and I reckon we could still be level after the first 15 minutes or so....

Decent surroundings with an end to make some noise but obviously not ' Fulham's a sh*t hole'.

One of my children lives close by and would snap up a few tickets if there was to be any left after any allocation if this tie was the one pulled from the velvet bag! However, having a SW postcode helps either way.

Probably now get Morecambe away.

COYY'S.
No thanks. Away section capped at 1900 fans due to building work.

Didn't think that was a poor performance all round and we're in the bag. Well done Des on your first victory. Well done Murphy on another good performance. The run for the first goal was great and he shot across the keeper resulting in the chance for McGuane.

Next round? Liverpool away (I've never been to Anfield) or someone non league - Maidstone, Barnet, MK Dons.

Isn’t that finished now? The new stand is open?

I doubt we would get the premier league treatment, it would be £15 tickets and we get a large section, they are not seemlling out against us.

Arsenal at home or Liverpool away, not been to Anfield. Average ticket for home end at Arsenal £50, think they reduced them for League Cup matches, maybe for FA Cup depending who they are playing, we go if it doesnt clash with Oxford , harder to get tickets as they have a ballot system

Isn’t that finished now? The new stand is open?

I doubt we would get the premier league treatment, it would be £15 tickets and we get a large section, they are not seemlling out against us.

Parts of it are but not the whole thing from coverage of some of their games I've seen.

Notts Forest have received 2,701 tickets for Wednesday's game on December 6th at Fulham???

It is worth doing your homework first before a big no thanks shout.

However, it is of course the FA Cup and as a rule visiting supporters in general get 15%...so that could equate to more tickets being available?

As I've said we'll probably draw Morcambe away where they will be plenty of room for our 400 or so supporters on a cold January day. See you there I doubt.

So… it’s Coventry. A bit of an underwhelming draw, IMHO.

As for yesterday’s match? That was a bit like that too. Not much of a ‘spark’ until Tyler came on. We played some nice football at times, but seemed to rely on Grimsby mistakes rather than our own incisive attacking. As seems to be the case at the moment, Harris was pretty isolated for much of the time but he also failed to finish when he did get the chance. I liked the suggestion on radox of him dropping into the 10 position in support of a new striker in January - Inshallah! ….One can but hope, I guess.

Grimsby played quite well, I thought. Their passing was excellent at times, but, thankfully, sometimes telegraphed. Rather watch them than some other lower league cloggers. I was pleasantly surprised that, with their new manager, nobody tested positive at the last minute…..

IGMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom