Home Match Build Up 02/12/2023 FAC 2: OUFC v Grimsby Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Oxon U’s

REF WATCH

Lancashire referee Darren Bond has been appointed for Saturday’s FA cup clash with Grimsby in OX4.
Wigan based Bond was promoted to the PL in the summer of 2023 after many seasons of fixtures at Championship level.
He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2012-13 and his first U’s match was a 0-1 home defeat to Chesterfield in March 2013.

Historicallly, he’s not been shy about showing his cards.

FleYTYRXEAICP9c

All together now, 'You can stick your f****** haddock up your a***....................sideways!'

Have we forgiven Artell yet for the Covid shenanigans in October 2020 when he was Crewe manager?

Hopefully the club haven’t taken the same stance with covering the pitch as they have with available tickets and manage to cover the whole pitch.

As for line up I’d go with:

Eastwood
Negru Thornley Brown
Edwards McEachran Brannagan Bennett
Rodney
Harris Bodin​

Hopefully the club haven’t taken the same stance with covering the pitch as they have with available tickets and manage to cover the whole pitch.

Eastwood
Negru Thornley Brown
Rodney
Harris Bodin​
Is that another free agent we're signing?

At least it gives us all an excuse to use memes from another classic British sitcom

metalmagnet-onlyfoo-1.jpg

Eastwood
Negru Thornley Brown
Rodney
Harris Bodin​

Wide of the mark, for me.

- Beadle must to be play every competitive game.
- Edwards is not a wingback, let alone a right-sided one.
- Resting Moore smacks of complacency.
- If any rotation is required, it's up top.

Wide of the mark, for me.

- Beadle must to be play every competitive game.
- Edwards is not a wingback, let alone a right-sided one.
- Resting Moore smacks of complacency.
- If any rotation is required, it's up top.
Who would you play at RWB/RB since Stevens can’t play?
Eastwood needs minutes because god forbid Beadle got an injury, easty needs to be ready to come in.

I’d forgotten about Gorrin! I’d play Gorrin and McEachran with Rodrigues infront.
Stevens can’t play as Brentford won’t let him.
Oh yeah forgot that, was hoping he'd get the chance to play himself into some form, as in my opinion he's been way of the level required.

Not sure about that midfield.
It will be interesting if Smyth gets near the team- Manning appears to had written him off, but will he get a chance from Buckingham?
Buckingham said every player had a clean slate when he arrived, and I would've thought it was the perfect opportunity to have a proper look at Smyth

I wonder what the odds are for Harris to score with Christmas around the corner I could do with a small wager at 100/1

Who would you play at RWB/RB since Stevens can’t play?
Eastwood needs minutes because god forbid Beadle got an injury, easty needs to be ready to come in.
I have a feelign Joe Bennett will be at RB even though he's left footed

Can't afford any complacency in this, a couple of changes but nothing major

Beadle

Negru (assuming Stevens is cup tied)
Moore
Thorniley
Brown

Mcguane
Mceachran

Goodrham
Rodrigues
Murphy

Harris

Subs; Eastwood, Golding, Bennett, Brannagan, Edwards, Bodin, O'Donkor

My prediction, Oxford P - P Grimsby. Temps dropping to minus 4 overnight, and will hardly get above 0 tomorrow 🥶. Reckon it will get called off early, save the fishy people a long journey down from the north.

If it goes ahead, 2-0 Oxford - Murphy and Brannagan with the goals.

Oh man, hadnt even considered it might be called off. Hope not. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom