Home Match Build Up 04/11/2023 FAC: OUFC v Maidenhead United

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Oxon U’s

£41,000 for Round One winners - not to be sniffed at.

For me we go as strong as we possibly can and make a raft of changes for the Chelsea U.21 EFL trophy match next Tuesday night.

Referee is Dale Baines, not one i have heard of.
Stockbridge has got Leyton Orient v Carlisle.
good luck to them.

Will be interesting to know what the Orient fans think of Stockbridge when we go there next Saturday

REF WATCH

FrhKTiAXoAkzAtX

Liverpool County FA official Dale Baines - brother of former Everton and England left back Leighton Baines - is tomorrow’s man in the middle
for the FA Cup tie with Maidenhead United in OX4.

Baines has taken charge of 7 National League matches this season issuing 21 yellow cards.

He was the fourth official at the DW Stadium when the U’s lost at Wigan last week.

Rest Greg Leigh - been playing 90mins for us and Jamaica back to back for weeks. Move Brown to left back and play Thorniley who needs a game anyway.

Rest Marcus McGuane - just starting to look like he needs one and had injury issues before. McEachran and Brannagan fine.

Beyond that I’m not too fussed, hope we go as strong as we can, get a lead and use the subs to rest people.

What we need is a Fans Forum. Then, we could ask the right questions and expect answers.

Remind me, when was it said that we could expect a forum to be held?

We could have a small group of selected people to ask such a question/s directly of the Club.

They could have a MoU that the Club consults on such things.

Just need to think of a name.......

When did the panel become aware of the lack of catering outlets outside the ground? And, when did the club become aware? Have @Farrscatering given any indication that they are prepared to cope with the additional stands opening and that they have sufficient stock, and staff to cope with the additional demands?

Was the panel consulted by the club in the ticketing arrangements and the stand closures?

I`ll take a guess. :ROFLMAO:

4-3-3 with a midfield triangle like this

Eastwood

Stevens - Negru - Thorniley - Brown

McEachran - Gorrin
Brannagan

Mills - Harris (Perkins) - Goodrham
Keeps it competitive and gives some others a much needed rest. Harris needs to break his duck and this could be a good opportunity for him to get some confidence in front of goal. Give him 60 odd minutes and swap for Perkins.

4-3-3 with a midfield triangle like this

Eastwood

Stevens - Negru - Thorniley - Brown

McEachran - Gorrin
Brannagan

Mills - Harris (Perkins) - Goodrham
Keeps it competitive and gives some others a much needed rest. Harris needs to break his duck and this could be a good opportunity for him to get some confidence in front of goal. Give him 60 odd minutes and swap for Perkins.
Would be inclined to play Perkins as a 10 instead of Brannagan, maybe Smith over Gorrin as well.

May end up seeing Murphy play left-back given lack of alternatives, but could only really do that in a back 5.

Maidenhead have some strength up front and pace out wide with Reece Smith and Jayden Mitchell-Lawson but have a bit of a soft under belly.

I hope we go relatively strong, would love a cup run..

Let's play around with the pizza trophy game not this one

Eastwood.

Stevens Moore Thorniley Brown

Brannagan

McGuane Rodriguez

Mills Harris Goodrham

* Leigh is so important for us, has played a lot recently (inc internationals) so lets protect him.

* Cam Brann needs minutes, so he gets 70.

* Thorniley needs some minutes

* Mills could be too good for them and could do some real damage.

* Harris needs a goal, and there is no obvious replacement at the moment. (GOD gets 90 mins on Tues).

* On the bench it would be good to see Woltman..

If we do put in a performance and go 3 up etc, then lets make changes then. I do think this is a good draw for us but am expecting a tough game, I reckon they will raise their performance.

I would prefer to see us start with a strong side, go for an early lead and score sufficient to finish off the game before rotating. A cup run is always welcome, and lucrative. lets get to that 3rd round with as little fuss as possible.

I hope we go relatively strong, would love a cup run..

Let's play around with the pizza trophy game not this one

Eastwood.

Stevens Moore Thorniley Brown

Brannagan

McGuane Rodriguez

Mills Harris Goodrham

* Leigh is so important for us, has played a lot recently (inc internationals) so lets protect him.

* Cam Brann needs minutes, so he gets 70.

* Thorniley needs some minutes

* Mills could be too good for them and could do some real damage.

* Harris needs a goal, and there is no obvious replacement at the moment. (GOD gets 90 mins on Tues).

* On the bench it would be good to see Woltman..

If we do put in a performance and go 3 up etc, then lets make changes then. I do think this is a good draw for us but am expecting a tough game, I reckon they will raise their performance.
Sixty years since the great Cup run to the Sixth Round, starting with Folkestone Town and a 2-0 victory at The Manor. Don't remember much until the Fourth Round replay at Griffin Park in front of 23,000. Looking forward to a repeat progression to "the later rounds" !!

Back
Top Bottom